Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WhitneyGirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2008, 09:51 AM
    My Old Ariens Snowblower -trouble throwing snow
    My older Ariens ST 824 model # 924-050 has been a real gem! But... yesterday while busting through a big drift of snow, it just kept clogging up. The snow was not really wet and heavy. I checked it out - the auger is turning, the shear pins are fine. I then pulled off the piece that exposes the belts - they seem loose - and when I engage the clutch - it doesn't seem to put enough pressure on the belt. The belt dosen't look frayed - but could it be stretched out? And - is it easy to replace a belt? I could really use some advice - please help
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Feb 3, 2008, 10:09 AM
    Yes, belts do stretch over time. Perhaps it was stored in an "engaged" mode which left it strected over summer? Unfortunately I cannot advise on how to change the belt as I am not familiar with that model. It should be fairly easy however, did you check owners manual ? Also, check out their website, Ariens.com. I was able to find a diagram undr parts tab. Don't give up on it, you can't buy a quality blower anymore.

Morrowrj
    WhitneyGirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2008, 11:24 AM
    Thanks for the reply! I live in a remote area about 2 miles from a paved road - we've got about 8 feet of snow - I was using my Ariens to keep the road open because my plow has nowhere to put the snow anymore - It may take me a while before I can get a new belt - thanks for the encouragement!
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2008, 03:16 PM
    Yes the belts could be stretched, is there an adjustment on the engagement lever, cable, or rods? If so, you may be able to adjust it to where the belt works the unit properly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Snow thrower not throwing snow [ 10 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I need help, I have a murray snow blower, it runs, but snow stuck in chute and won't throw out, changed the belt , no luck, hope someone can help, thanks

Ariens old snow blower with problems! [ 4 Answers ]

Well my friends gave me an older my guess is 1980s snow blower with and 8 horse power motor, it did not run my guess was the carb,took it apart sprayed the holes and got as much junk out of the tank as I could put it back on and did not fire up it tried but there was not gas coming into the...

Ariens 8hp snow blower its knocking [ 1 Answers ]

HI I'm harold and I have an old Ariens snow blower 8hp that belong to my granddad and Its knocking can you tell me what the problem could be I would love to get it up and running thanks hmartin

Snow thrower not throwing snow?! [ 1 Answers ]

The other day I shear one of the shear pins on my snow thrower tines I had replaced but the tines are not moving at all. (I hit a cement step while clearing the snow of a neighboard's driveway) Could some one let me know where I should start looking at? I don't want to disassemble more than I don't...

View more questions Search