Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WARREN29 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2008, 07:38 PM
    Excel different levels
    How can I read Excel 2007 (xlss) files usling Excel 2003 (xls) software? Is there an update or conversion that I can download from Microsoft? I have Vista opeationg system.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2008, 08:27 PM
    There is an update conversion available but you have to buy it. Amazon sells it for $89 with free shipping.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 2, 2008, 08:50 PM
    To clarify, you can't do anything to Office 2003 to read xlss files. You can either upgrade to Office 2007 or you can ask the source of the file to save them as xls files.

Feb 3, 2008, 10:24 PM
    I learned that Microsoft offers a free compatibility pack that allow old Excel to read and save in Excel 2007 format. I installed it today. It works great.

Feb 4, 2008, 06:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by WARREN29
    I learned that Microsoft offers a free compatability pack that allow old Excel to read and save in Excel 2007 format. I installed it today. It works great.
    Oh, That one is news to me. Can you provide a link to it? Does it allow you to edit or convert 2007 files?

Feb 4, 2008, 08:39 AM
    Download details: Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats

Go to Microsoft.com There is a link to the Compatibility Pack on the home page.

Feb 4, 2008, 08:54 AM
    Thanks, I've booknmarked it for future reference. Can't understand how I missed that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Elevated B 12 levels [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter was told by her physician that she had elevated B12 levels. When she asked what that meant, he told her the only time he's seen this was when a child had leukemia. First of all, I was furious he told her that before any sort of testing being done. Second, I have searched the internet...

Hcg levels? [ 2 Answers ]

Confused I am 19 days post ovulation and I had a blood test to check for pregnancy and I got the results today they said I have a hcg level of 4 and to come and be re tested in 5 days,I am confused am I pregnant or not? I thought any hcg under 5 was a negative? So why the need to retest,is it...

PH Levels [ 2 Answers ]

I'm wondering if there is a herbal alternative for balancing the PH levels in the body - Mine appear to go out of sync at various times - During which all the mucous in my body becomes so caustic that it burns the membranes in all orifices causing considerable discomfort - This can last for 1 week...

Levels of degrees [ 1 Answers ]

Can you tell me the difference of 1st 2nd and 3rd BS honour degree please. Is a 3rd OK or bad. Jobwise is it so terrible in the interview to say you have a 3rd will you be taken seriously

View more questions Search