Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leith Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Feb 1, 2008, 10:58 AM
    Is my boyfriend avoiding me?
    Hi I've been going out with this guy he is two years older then me, we have been going out about 2 months. Well lets start from the beginning. He promised me he would quit smoking for me and so he did and we were all happy and smiling and everything like a girlfriend and boyfriend should. But then the da after he "quit" my friend said she saw him smoking so I asked him and he said no I'm not I promised I wouldn't so stupidly enough I believed him. The next day I caught him smoking and he tried to hide it from me but I perfectly could see him smoking.
    Ever since that day he has been "ignorin" me not sure if it is that reason like but you never know.
    It just scares me and I want to be with him...
    We haven't spoken or hugged in 2 weeks I might just be going paranoid lol but its starting to worry me if he is avoiding me... Today I was waiting in the coridoor for MFL and he came out of form. I looked over at him and he looked back... I was expecting him to at least to wave be he just looked at me stood there for about 2 seconds then walked off! Then he goes to this cornoor in the field to have a fag and I was alone walking and he just walked past me not even seeming to care or ask how I was because at the time I was very upset and confused and stuff T-T please help me I'm not sure what to do... I really miss him T-T
    EuRa Posts: 315, Reputation: 64

Feb 1, 2008, 11:02 AM
    He sounds like a little wuss to me.

Honestly, I'm sorry dear, it sounds like he wants to break up with you. But he's too shy (wuss) to do it. So he's hoping he can avoid you and possibly make you dump him instead.

And actually, if you do dump him, he'll probably feel like an idiot afterwards. If you just walk up to him with a big smile, and be all "Hi. I'm dumping you. Right here right now. It's over. Bye!" And with a little smirk at the end... don't give him a chance to say anything, you'll feel so good about yourself for doing the right thing. Who knows, he may want you back. That's how middle school/high school rolls. :P

Feb 1, 2008, 11:04 AM
    Thank you for answering my question I will try to dump him on Monday xD thank you
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2008, 11:10 AM
    I agree with EuRa... if that was the case.

What if, just what if (I love what ifs)... you did something wrong and he's just angry? Yes, he still is a wuss in not coming to you to talk about it, but if that was the case, then it'll be...

You did something wrong
    He's angry... not talking to you... waiting for you to apologize
    You break up with him.

Right?

If he just wants to break up with you and he's a wuss, then go with EuRa and dump his @ss flat out. Just take a moment, though, and think... did you do something that may have triggered this?
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2008, 11:14 AM
    Sounds like a scared boy that can't tell you the truth

Id leave him if I was you

He is probable waiting for you to come up and say what's wrong

People that play those games are lame

And you should not have anything to do with them

Regards

Feb 1, 2008, 11:40 AM
    thank you for the more answers lol ^_^ the only thing I can think of that might of triggerd it is because he said he would quit smoking and a couple days later when he finally said he had my friend said she saw him smoking so I asked him and he said he wasn't. The next day I saw him smoking and he knew I knew and he tried to hide it ever since that he hasn't said anything to me... It might have been my fault because 2 days after I found out he walked with me to my next lesson but I ignored him because I was still a bit mad I wish I hadn't now! And when ever I go to talk to him I always seem to pull myself back
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 1, 2008, 05:59 PM
    Quitting smoking ain't easy, and if everyone tells you about it, that's tougher. Leave him alone, this is for him to decide not you.

Feb 2, 2008, 06:45 AM
    I know that smoking isn't easy that's why I wanted to tell him he can smoke if he wants I don't mind like but I don't want you to lie to me.. like but how can I when he is ignoring me T_T lol
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 2, 2008, 08:09 AM
    First you must rethink your position, and make SURE that you can deal with a b/f that smokes, and you have to call off the dogs, no doubt he feels your using your friends to track his every move. Only if your sure of how you feel, can you approach him. Smoking is not healthy, but beating him over the head about it, is not the way to go. If you want a smoke free b/f, then he ain't it. That's your choice, so be honest with yourself about that. Then you can be honest with him.
    RustyJenkins Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2008, 12:04 PM
    Watchout on this one. Maybe he is angry, but why? Did you do something wrong or did he? In a relationship, no matter how angry each of you are or what goes wrong, it's about talking it out, it's about making it work. 2 weeks is a really long time for this to go on. Think it through and see what outcome you want. But in my opinion (some may not agree) but I think that he is trying to break up with you but can't because of guilt or something. The guy lied to you, so you should be angry not him...

Feb 3, 2008, 12:06 PM
    thank you I think that knocked some common sense into my head lol thanks I will try and talk to him tomoz at school thank you a lot ^-^
    helpdave Posts: 27, Reputation: 4

Feb 3, 2008, 02:50 PM
    While you are sorting this out with your probably now ex boyfriend I would lie to suggest you learn something from this.
    In my opinion and only in my experience (me being the bloke who has had GF's try this one on me), after 2 months of dating and then trying to get a very new partner to do something they don't want to do is quite simply a recipe for avoidance. A very childish response I might add but it appears that you are both in school so it probably fits the environment you are in. So in my view the lessen is to always discuss an issue and not provide a choice, it appears you lost in this guys decision.
    lfavela Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2008, 03:01 PM
    I think you should speak to him about it first. Don't do anything that you might regret. Its always best to be open and see what he says.

Feb 4, 2008, 09:57 AM
    Hi and thank you two hehe he began to talk to me again today like nothing had happened and we were just laughing and smiling like we used to I guess everything is back to normal but it might happen again not sure hehe just thought I should let you all know
    yeye82 Posts: 33, Reputation: 5

Feb 4, 2008, 11:30 PM
    Smoking is hard to give up. If he's trying, I'd say give him a chance but if he's just saying it to win your heart and not going to do it, just forget about him else you'd end up in pain if you give him your heart. Though is's painful to let him go but it's better than to be in pain just to be with him.

Feb 5, 2008, 09:11 AM
    Ye I guess that's true... T-T man I doe know what to do! He wasn't at school today so I didn't get the chance to talk to him about stuff... I guess I will talk to him tomorrow about the whole smoking thing. I got to hang out with his friends though today it was fun hehe ^_^.

Even though you all say well most say I should let him go I just can't I guess I like him too much and also he is going through a hard time at home and I don't want to make it worse ahhhh lol xD @_@

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why is he avoiding me? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok, I just recently broke up with my boyfriend (2 weeks ago). I was the one that was dumped. I know he still likes me, and the same goes for me. We broke up because he was worrying about things that wasn't even happeneing. We get along really really well. He had a bad history with his previous ex,...

Avoiding a tan [ 4 Answers ]

Hey guys. Is there a way I can avoid getting a tan. I've started swimming and when I take off my swimming suit it loks lyk I'm still wearing it because my exposed skin has gotten darker. Lets be honest, sun blocks don't really work, they are made to protect from uv rays and stuff. Or is there...

Thoughts of avoiding her [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have this problem which I don't know if it even is a problem. I'm 18 years old and I have this girl at school that I always walk by in the hallway. The only thing we exchange are 'hi" and that's basically it. I know this girl through a friend who is sisters with her and the girl and I have...

Avoiding Me [ 9 Answers ]

Hi All, There's this guy at work who liked me (I like him too) and asked me out on a date. Heaps of baggage, he's come out of a 7yr relationship with 2 kids. Its been 8 months since they split. He's moved back down the road from his ex's house. He still seems affected by it and not quiet over...

Is she avoiding me ? [ 26 Answers ]

HI I met a girl 1 year back in drama shoot on the back stage. At that time I did'nt know that she was taking notice of me. Right after 1 year i.e. July 06, she called me to just to say hello. I was surprised why did she call me after 1 year. Well from here the story begins. Then slowly slowly we...

View more questions Search