Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2008, 05:09 PM
    McCain was for benchmarks before he was against them
    I kid you not.

McCain considers setting benchmarks for Iraqis | www.azstarnet.com ®

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz. one of the most stalwart supporters of the war in Iraq, said Thursday that he might propose that the Iraqi government meet certain benchmarks for the United States to continue its engagement.
    Fellow senators and independent political scientists said McCain's thinking reflected growing concerns within the Republican Party about the course of the war, and also might mark a turning point for the likely 2008 presidential contender, whose previous unconditional backing of the war may have hurt his prospects.
    McCain said Thursday that he hadn't yet decided on precise benchmarks. "They'd have to be specific, and they (Iraqi government officials) would have to meet them," he said.
    Asked what penalty would be imposed if Iraq failed to meet his benchmarks, he said: "I think everybody knows the consequences. Haven't met the benchmarks? Obviously, then, we're not able to complete the mission. Then you have to examine your options."...

"We Catholics call that an epiphany," said Senate Foreign Relations Chairman Joseph Biden, D-Del. who is sponsoring the main Democratic resolution opposing the troop buildup.
    Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill. said: "I called for that.. . Several weeks ago. I'm glad that John McCain agrees with me.

Yesterday's attacks on Romney at the debate were disengenuos for 2 reasons. First ;because he completely misrepresented Romney's comments and because he publicly considered the option also.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2008, 04:56 AM
    Hello tom:

I was going to aks you what you're going to do. You don't like the Mittman either, do you? He's changed every position he's had too. You poor, poor Republicans.

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2008, 01:40 PM
    I'm hoping for a brokered convention and maybe a draft Cheney movement .
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2008, 02:37 PM
    Ex,

Looks like, no matter what, in 2008 the ChristoRepubs are going to run an economic conservative-social liberal who is connected to reality, not the supernatural!. thank heavens, no wingnut Fascists in the White House... guaranteed!!

The Reagan Coalition has cracked apart and is lying in pieces in the gutter. We have Geo W. Bush and his disastrous Presidency to thank for our horrendous disillusionment, and now our recovery!! :):):)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search