Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mamakitty21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2008, 04:01 PM
    OTR jobs for a convicted felon
    I am writing to try and help my fiancé. Is there anyone who knows of trucking companies that are willing to give a good man a second chance. There are extenuating circumstances in connection with this conviction. He's a man who took a chance and went back to school to better his life. He graduated from NETTTS with a 4.0 gpa. He deserves a fresh start. Are there any good trucking companies or any truckers out there that know anyone. If so, could you please respond with names and numbers if possible. Any help with regard to this would be greatly appreciated.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2008, 04:32 PM
    If he attended a reputable trucking school they should have the names of companies willing to hire him. Most of your larger trucking companies are willing to hire but it would be OTR only. Also what does his driver's license look like? Any points? You can look for most companies not to want to hire a convicted felon unless it has been at least 3 or sometimes 5 years since the conviction. You can look at the other posts here regarding this topic also as there is some good info on here.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 31, 2008, 05:41 PM
    He may want to look at some of the smaller local truckers, dump truck companies, wrecker drivers ( all of which are still good jobs)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am a convicted felon [ 5 Answers ]

I live in the state of California so if anyone can help me please or give me any advive I would appriecate it very much. I am a recovering addict. I have almost five years clean. When I was using, I was a totally different person and went a little crazy, stupid crazy. Anyway, I was convicted of...

A convicted felon marrying another felon [ 2 Answers ]

I am a felon and my fiance' has just been picked up by the feds and we were going to get married in 2 weeks. I am wondering if I can still marry him in the federal jail. I know that the government shuns felons around other felons but, we have 3 kids together and I would think that they would allow...

Convicted Felon [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a convicted felon. I would like to marry my boyfriend that is not a native or a resident of the united States. Is there a waiting period for me to file for his residency?

View more questions Search