Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jcpaxton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2008, 02:43 PM
    Will I get a 1099A, 1099C or neither?
    In 2007, I voluntarily surrendered a mobile home back to my lender. They sold the mobile home and have sent me a letter stating the amount that I am still liable for. So far all I have received is a 1098 for the interest paid on the account in 2007. My question is should I be expecting one of the 1099 tax forms from them and if I do get one, what do I do with it? My understanding is that this Lender does not cancel or forgive the debt remaining after the sale. When I called the Lender, they said they couldn't tell me if I was getting one or not. I've seen several sites talking about these 1099 forms but have no idea if I was suppose to get one or where I would report it on my tax return if I do.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.:confused:
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 1, 2008, 11:31 PM
    The issuance of Form 1099-C is a discretionary decision by the lender. You just need to wait.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1099c form [ 1 Answers ]

1. How soon can I amend my 2006 taxes? 2. 1099c form was sent to the IRS, can they send me a copy? 3. if yes to #2 how to I request a copy? 4. the company (discover bank) sts I still owe then more then three thousand dollars; does this mean the debt was not cancelled, and a 1099c was sent in...

1099C and Insolvency [ 5 Answers ]

I am going to be getting a 1099c on a home I could not afford the mortgage on in another state from where I live now. I had to move when my job moved and I could not afford both houses. I tried paying for both for about three years while having the home on the market to sell, but it wouldn't sell....

1099c and my foreclosure [ 5 Answers ]

My wife and I had to forclose on our house at the end of last year. The foreclosure date was actually on the 29th of December, and the house did not sell at auction. I just received in the mail a 1099c from my lender for the entire amount of their loan, 400k. My understanding of how this works...

1099c [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , From a debtors point of view is it better for me to Settle an account in full or pay in full? If I settle an account and the Debtor writes off more than $600 -How much tax will I end up paying according to 1099c ? Regards, Madhavi

1099c [ 1 Answers ]

I had a credit debt of $14,000 and settled to pay 7,000, which I had borrowed from my brother. How does this affect me filing my taxes? The 1099 C is for $7,000. By adding this as other income, I think it will make me owe quite a bit ot the IRS. Can you shed some light on this.

View more questions Search