Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zippo1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2008, 02:29 PM
    Credit card default.
    If I default on a credit card what is going to happen? Can they make me pay back the debt?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 31, 2008, 02:34 PM
    Yes, they can make you pay back the debt. And if you default again, they will only sell the claim to a collection agency and they will try to collect it to. It is a viciious circle. Ad infitum.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to deal with lawyer over credit default [ 9 Answers ]

I spoke with a lawyer from the credit card company recently about a defaulted credit card I have. I tried to explain to him that I was willing to start making payments but he refused and said I need to come up with the entire amount before the end of January 08. What leverage do I have to get them...

Credit card default [ 1 Answers ]

I have been contacted by a law firm/collection agency which states I owe a credit card company 26K for unpaid credit card payments. The person who committed fraud against me for this amount has moved to another state, although he did sign a Letter of Financial Responsibility from the credit card...

Credit card default timeline [ 1 Answers ]

If I'm forced to default on my credit card how long before I am turned over to a collection agency and then sued? I would like to know how much breathing space I will have to gather money to get back on my feet and for the lawsuit.

Credit default [ 1 Answers ]

Can I be sued for credit card default in Texas?

Line of credit default [ 5 Answers ]

I owned a business which went under and now I have a 65,000 line of credit which I have een sued for. My father was a silent partner and is being named in the suit. He has CD's retirment savings. If they file a judgment against both of us and I can not pay it will they go after his money? We...

View more questions Search