Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sgordon82 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2008, 06:38 AM
    Shutting Down
    My Competer keeps shutting down when I am in the middle of doing something and when it restarts it tell me that the computer has recovered from a serious error

I was just wondering what the reason for this could be and if there is anyway of stopping it
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2008, 07:44 AM
    First do a full system scan for virus' and other malware.

If it comes up clean, your hard drive may be failing.

Stay tuned, though, for other input from the computer folks.

... and if you're getting any other error messages, copy it for us to see.
    DanMart513 Posts: 13, Reputation: -1

May 3, 2009, 07:29 PM
    sgordon82:: there are several reasons the computer shuts down . 1) If you have two memory sticks and one is going bad or is NOT seated properly in the scocket. While computer is OFF and UNPLUGED ( TRUST ME!) SIT DOWN ON CHAIR WITHOUT MOVING AROUND TOO MUCH ( YOU CAN GENERATE STATIC ELECERTICY ) , ground your hand with the metal of your computer. Gently take out both memory sticks and switch them.Memory 1 to scocket 2, memory 2 to scocket 1(visa-versa) there is a reason for this!!
    B.I.O.S. THAT WAS MENTION FROM THE OTHER BUDDY::
    When you 1st turn on the computer, you should see on the BLACK screen words talling you what kind of computer, what type of mother board, the total amount of memory ( one or two sticks ) BUT what you are looking for is something in the nature of :: "" to run setup press DELETE key, press F1 ( function #1 key ), press something to get into the setup of the bios.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

It always shutting off... Help! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there this is not really about software, but its about computer hope someone can help me... My prob is my monitor so many times that it always automatically shutting off or should I say blacking out... just like when you turn off your PC but the mine is I didn't shut off my PC but my monitor...

A/c not shutting off [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2001 dodge ram 1500 and even when I turn the a/c to the off position, it still continues to operate. What could cause this?

Funance is shutting off [ 1 Answers ]

My funace will shut off after 90 seconds and not turn back on even when the tempture is set higher and it has not reached the set temp, what can I do or what do I need to do to fix this problem?

AC not shutting off outside [ 1 Answers ]

My ac cools the house great but is not turning off outside any ideas what is wrong?

My computer keeps shutting down! [ 2 Answers ]

My computer keeps shutting down? Every 20 or 30 minutes my computer will show a blue screen and then shut down. When I log back on I get an error message saying that my PC has recovered from a serious error. I sent the report and it opened up the following information from Microsoft. Solution 2...

View more questions Search