Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karnakrook Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2008, 07:25 AM
    Journal entries?
    I am just starting an accounting class and am curious as to what begins a journal sheet. I started a fictional business and have the first journal page completed. Now it is the second month. What do I start with? Do I use the Cash from the last journal, basically what do I start with? :confused:
    MaggieMouse Posts: 226, Reputation: 8

Feb 2, 2008, 11:26 AM
    Get the balance from last month on Balance Sheet accounts and carry them over to start of the second month.

For income statement accounts, you need to use them to get the net income, in order to update your retained earnings in balance sheet. Income statement accounts should start at 0 each month.

If you don't know the difference between balance sheet account and income statement account, you can go to the beginning of your accounting textbook, it should be explained in the very beginning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journal Entries & Adjusting Journal Entries [ 2 Answers ]

Nov. 15- Purchased $1,600 of merchandise on account from Martin Co, terms 1/30; paid $60 of associated freight charges in cash. My answer: Merchandise Inventory $1600 Accounts Payable $1600 Cash $60 Freight Expense $60...

Journal Entries [ 1 Answers ]

In January 2005 the accountant for Delaware supply Corporation estimated the company's net income for the year as 556,000. A year-end income statement reported actual net income of 570,000. 1. make the general journal entries to record quarerly payments of the company's estimated income taxes...

Journal entries [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone This is the current entry... Paid electricity expense of $860, previously recorded as unearned revenue.! I knew the first entry which was electricity we haven't paid and the entry is accured expense Debit-Electricity expense Credit- electricity account payable.

Bond Payments and Journal and Journal Entries [ 0 Answers ]

What is the adjusting entry at Dec 31, 2007 for this problem? Problem: Logan Corporation issued 800000 of 8% bonds on October 1, 200, due on October 1, 2011. The interest is to be paid twice a year on April 1 and October 1. The bonds were sold to yield 10% effective annual interest.

View more questions Search