Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poppyseed168 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2008, 06:04 PM
    Can I travel with a Portuguese id card
    My boyfriend lost his Portuguese passport and is still waiting to sort out the new one. At the moment we are wanting to go on holiday somewhere in europe (cos his passport will take at least a year to sort out). Would he be able to travel with just his portguese id card
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2008, 06:11 PM
    Not if he wants to go to a different country. He will not be able to. Sorry.
    poppyseed168 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2008, 06:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by poppyseed168
    My boyfriend lost his portugese passport and is still waiting to sort out the new one. At the moment we are wanting to go on holiday somewhere in europe (cos his passport will take at least a year to sort out). would he be able to travel with just his portguese id card
    I thought he was allowed if he went within the european countries
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2008, 08:33 PM
    They are different countries. He needs a passport like anyone else. It's not like the USA where you can go from state to state with no border check points. You have to remember everything has changed since 9-11 almost everywhere.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 30, 2008, 08:42 PM
    Is there not some European Union ID of some sort? I am not up on this 100 percent but I though there was some travel allowed with just that ID.
    Something I thought they called the EU blue card

Identity document - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

51 year old Greek with a US green card no military service, can I travel to Greece [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a 51 year old Greek citizen with a US green card, I've lived in the United States for 38 years. I've been told by a relative who recently travelled to Greece that, if I ever travel to Greece upon arrival I will be obligated to pay a fine of $3,000US dollars and serve 40 days in the military. ...

Portuguese citizenship [ 2 Answers ]

Hi My wife is a Mozambiquan born South african. Born in Dec 1958. We now live in the Uk and wonder if she has any entitlement to Portuguese nationality as it was a Portuguese colony at the time of birth. I look forward to any advice please Thanks Jonathan Morgan

Portuguese [ 4 Answers ]

How To Do Translate The World's Greatest Mommy From English - Portuguese

View more questions Search