Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2008, 05:03 PM
    Excel - Creating a link from on cell/tab to another IN THE SAME FILE
    I am trying to find a way to make a hyperlink in a cell that links to either another cell on the same tab or a cell on another tab WITHIN the same Excel file.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I want a word in one cell that is a hyperlink so that when a user clicks on it, it will JUMP to another cell or another tab in the same Excel file

Just to clarify
    Marriedguy Posts: 474, Reputation: 115

Jan 29, 2008, 07:10 PM
    Yes.. I just figured this one out here what you do.

Excel does have a bookmark feature but Word does.

Open word and type a word, select it. Then Insert, Bookmark , in the dialogue box with open name the bookmark whatever you want and then click add. So that word or item is now a bookmark.

Now create the hyperlink. Type the word(s) and then select it. Right click on it and then select hyperlink from the drop down. Then in the dialogue box click bookmark… select that bookmark you created and OK.

Now just copy and paste them in your cell and thank the geniuses at Microsoft for the great integration features.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 29, 2008, 07:23 PM
    Its not necessary to use Word. Basically all you need do, is right click on the cell where you want the hyperlink and select Hyperlink and then follow the instructions from there.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2008, 11:33 AM
    Sa-weet! Thanks guys! Didn't think it was possible.

ScottGem... couldn't rep you but it will come back around!

Thanks again!
    stanleyz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2011, 07:23 PM
    You can do this:

Example tab name: Sales
    Syntax: =Sales!A1
    This reference tab "Sales" cell A1.
    Note tab name cannot not have spaces. Use "_" for space otherwise tab reference don't work.
    This works for 2003 Excel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who should pickup the tab on first date? [ 9 Answers ]

Recently I try to meet several guys, but I don't know know who should pick up the tabs or half/half? Any opinion will help, thnaks !

Tab options for FF 2.0 [ 6 Answers ]

Just got a new computer and downloaded FF. On my old computer I had NO extensions... and links opened in the same tab by default... which is what I want. Now they open in a new tab, and the only options I have are to open links in a new window or a new tab. How can I get links to open in the...

Excel: Deleted cell content but link is still there [ 3 Answers ]

When I delete text from a cell where the text was a hyperlink, it does go away, but when I go to type new text in the cell, the new text is hyperlinked as the former text was. How can I stop this from happening? Thanks!

Link to a pdf file [ 3 Answers ]

I am asking this question for my brother so bare with me. He wants to allow a user to hit a download button and they can receive a pdf file. I have seen it done just can't remember how the coding is. Is their anything special that has to be done or is this just a link to a pdf form? Any info will...

View more questions Search