Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ganesha1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2008, 04:17 AM
    Periods After Delivery
    Hi... thanks for your time

I delivered in Jun 07, and my baby is 7 months old now. I had periods, little on heavier side, only ONCE. It has been more almost two months now that I have not had periods.

I am breastfeeding.

Is this normal. Please suggest.
    CMM_Kaleido Posts: 77, Reputation: 8

Jan 28, 2008, 07:46 PM
    Breastfeeding will delay the return of your period usually until your child starts to nurse less. With both of my kids my period did not return until they were about 10 months old. However everyone's body reacts differently. Once your period does return your schedule may be a little erratic since you are still nursing and your hormones are not yet back to normal. If you are really concerned about the length of time since your last period, call your doctor. With a 7 month old, the last thing you need is another worry zapping your strength.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Period after delivery [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am 38 and my wife is 34 she gave birth to second baby on 24-11-06 . Till now she don't have the monthly period , usually what much of time is needed for the period after the delivery. I am afraid that whether my wife is again pregnany ? Please tell me the time for first period after...

Periods after delivery [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, This is leena jain here, I'm new to this site. I have a query, I'm really worried please let me know as soon as possible. I delivered a baby girl vanshika on 27th may 2006 and at that time I bled for 1.5 months but since then its almost 11 months I haven't still got my periods, I want to...

Delivery room [ 14 Answers ]

I have a delivery question. I am having my 3rd baby in April. I am a very shy person when it comes to the delivery room. And a very firm beleiver that only my husband and doctors and nurses should be in the room. This is my husbands first child, and he isn't one for the blood and all. So he...

Special delivery [ 9 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I just want to let everyone know that I had the baby on dec 2nd she was 6 pounds and 9.5 oz and 18 1/2 inches long and everything went well, I was suppose to have her on the 11th but she had other plans : ), I hope all is well with everyone and I just want to say thank you for all...

Periods after delivery [ 4 Answers ]

On Dec 5th I had my son at just 23 weeks. There were some issues after in which I had to have a D and C done. 4 weeks after I had my first period. It was extremely light and lasted 2 weeks! I started my second period 3 days ago and now it is extremely heavy! Is this normal?

View more questions Search