Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Jan 26, 2008, 02:29 PM
    Wanting to get my belly button pierced
    I want to get my belly button pierced. I keep hearing about people who have gotten it done, and the people pierced it in the wrong place. What exactly is the right place? I am going to the same place I got my tattoo. It was very clean and the guy did a great job, so I feel comfortable going there for the piercing. How long does it take to heal? What can I have them put in there first; I don't want something that will catch on my jeans?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2008, 05:08 PM
    Re-think this real hard before you actually do this. Please. "Catching on my jeans" will be the least of your worries if you actually DO catch it on your jeans! Get another tattoo instead of belly button thing. Tattoos don't get caught up on clothing.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2008, 06:01 PM
    Hey peggy! :)

Generally, the "right place" to get a navel piercing is on the skin on the top of your belly button. Sometimes when it is done it comes out crooked if the piercer doesn't really know what they are doing or they haven't done a lot of navel piercings, so that's why it looks as if its not in the right place sometimes.

For the best results and least risk of catching on things, it should be pierced with a hoop rather than a barbell. After 6 weeks of having the hoop, then you can change the jewelry to whatever you want. In full, it should take the piercing anywhere from 3-5 months to heal, depending on how well its taken care of, if it gets injured, and how well your body takes to it.

Make sure you wear long shirts, loose jeans, and avoid bending forward too much until it is healed. I know that you can't avoid bending forward, just don't go out and do any up-down aerobics. :p

Good luck and I hope it comes out great! :)
    Jessie V Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jan 28, 2008, 09:37 AM
    I have my belly button done 2 times one on the top and one on the bottom. I had both done with Barbells because I am not a big fan of hoops but that's just a choice you have to make. Talk to the piercer where you got your tattoo and see how long he has been peircing and ask to see some of his work. Most of the time they will have a portfolio with their work and you can see if you like how he has done in the past. But as far as the 'right place' that is all up to you I know people who have all four sides done and like I said I have top and bottom.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 06:24 PM
    I agree with the above reply. Asking for a portfolio is a great idea. If the pictures show crooked or unprofessional looking piercings, then get your piercing elsewhere! :)
    rockerchick26 Posts: 93, Reputation: 22

Jan 28, 2008, 06:43 PM
    I had my belly button pierced when I was in college. I had it pierced with a hoop (and it didn't catch on pants.) I waited a few weeks and then changed it to a barbell. It took about 6-8 months to fully heal (I had infection issues.) I used draw-out salve and neosporin from the drugstore and in the end everything worked out fine. I still have it 6 years later.

Mine is pierced on the top of my belly button, and I think that's the most common place to get it.

I disagree with the first comment by twinkie! Get a piercing, you can always take it out! A tattoo is forever.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long should you wait to get a belly piercing re-pierced? [ 28 Answers ]

I got my belly pierced over the summer and it seems like there's less and less skin there and the barbell I have in the stem looks really long and ugly like that. I have a lot of skin there for the piercing but not that much. I really want to take it out and let it close so I could get it...

Belly piercing rejected, I think ? How long to wait before I get it pierced again? [ 3 Answers ]

I had my belly pierced for like a 2 months and little by little it was rejecting I think. When I first got it pierced I was bending over a lot like when I would be sitting down I would bend over to get something or in the car I would reach down to get something so maybe it kind of got pushed out...

Can a outtie belly b pierced? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok c one of my gurl friends wants to pierce her belly button but she not sure if she can get it pierced tell me if u know for a fact that u can or cant....thanx

Belly Button [ 6 Answers ]

I heard that if mom-to-be's belly button is outie then it's a boy and girl if it is innie. Is it true? Does anyone heard of such thing?

Got my Belly button Pierced Extras on cleaning [ 8 Answers ]

Okay so I just got my belly button pierced and I'm wondering if I should do anything else besides the salt water to keep it from getting infected. 'The piercer also said that I could put polysporin on the barbell, is there anyting else that helped anyone? :) :)

View more questions Search