Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Braden23 Posts: 39, Reputation: 5

Jan 24, 2008, 05:12 PM
    Do We Reap What We Sow
    This may be a difficult question to answer because it's hard to know exactly how spiritual laws work, but I'll ask anyway. I got involved with a co-worker who had a boyfriend and now things aren't going so well. Twice I tried to walk away but let her convince me to stay (or rather I convinced myself to stay). Now, she and her ex are getting back together and I feel like it's all biting me; you reap what you sow, I guess. What bothers me is that I feel like she is getting off unhurt; she had me when she wanted me, and now that she doesn't, she's going back to him. I won't give all the details, but I will say that I do admit my part in it; I was wrong for getting involved, I was wrong for not respecting him. If anything, I feel like what I did to him was worse than what I did to her because from what I know of him, he's an honest and decent guy. My questions are, is she going to reap what she sowed? If so, will it be similar (I'm not sure if things like come back similarly or in other ways)? And what else am I going to reap, if anything? I can honestly say that I genuinely cared about her; she was never a game to me. And she says that she's hurting too because she knows she hurt me, but is that all she'll get? To me that's like saying that feeling bad about committing a crime is enough of a penalty. And I know that in Proverbs it says that you're not supposed to hope for your enemy's demise, and I've honestly tried, but right now I feel so used and cast aside and powerless to do anything about it, that it's hard not to hope for it. Please help.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2008, 05:19 PM
    Braden .She does not like to be alone, if it does not work out with him she will find you again if not you then some other man. Of course she is hurtng. She will continue to hurt because she will continue to be needy and depend on others to make her happy, so she is alone without being alone. Does that make you happy? Probably not, happiness must come from your situation not from someone else's.

You are right you are reaping what you have sown, now sow something different.

I would worry about staying away from her and getting on with my life and if you have screwed over someone and are truly sorry about it, ask that person for forgiveness if possible, then refrain from making the same mistake again and get on with your life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search