Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brocktherock Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 10:56 AM
    Negligence by a lawyer
    I hired a lawyer for immigration purposes.
    He was supposed to help in applying for renewal of my immigration papers.
    He never did file my papers for renewal.
    I brought the matter to the Law society of upper Canada where it was determined he was negligent and as such was cautioned by the afore mentioned institution (that was the only authority they had).
    I was informed if I wanted to sue for damages I had to do this before the statute of limitation ran out.
    My question is what is the statute of limitation for this kind of scenario and how do I begin my quest for justice.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 23, 2008, 01:38 PM
    You hire another attorney and sue him for your damages ( money you are out)
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Jan 23, 2008, 01:57 PM
    Not sure what the statute of limitation is on that exactly, how long ago did this happen?

You may not even need to hire anybody if you still have time to sue him. If the Law society found that he was negligent than that would be all you need to be successful in court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sue for negligence and health complications and also cancer concerns? [ 3 Answers ]

I initiated an OSHA complaint because my employer failed to address safety concerns of the employees. The shop manager was in charge of the safety committee, so if he felt something was not important enough, it was overlooked. I had worked for this company for a nearly a year, breathing a...

Landlords negligence costs tenent [ 6 Answers ]

I recently rented a house in Nevada that has extensive common use emenities. It was agreed by me and the manager that the first year of the two year lease the owner would pay the HOA fees and I would start the second. Shortly after moving in and regularly using the emenitties I was told that my...

Could my neighbor be held liable due to negligence. [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Could my neighbor be held liable due to negligence if we ask him to trim his tree significantly because this is a tree that has been growing out of control, the branches are very long and numerous to the point that this tree has been leaning over towards our townhouse as time goes by. ...

Child negligence - left home alone [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Friends, My name is Tom. I am a father of a 10 year-old girl and a 5 year-old boy. My children live in 2 separate households. One week with their mother and one week with me. For the past 3 years, their mother continues to leave the children home alone. It got worse as she contiunes to...

Landlord Gross Negligence [ 12 Answers ]

My daughter is 18yrs old and lives in an apartment complex in North Georgia. Recently the apartment complex was purchased by a new owner and it is now managed by a real estate company. At he back of the property are storage buildings behind a locked gate which can be rented by tenants and only the...

View more questions Search