Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Illusionist Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 06:21 AM
    91 integra ls, condenser fan comes on and off randomly?
    Hey guys, I have been having a problem with the condenser fan or so what I think is the condenser fan. I have a 91 integra ls and the fan that comes on is the one on the drivers side. The fan will come on after I shut the car off and it will come on and off randomly for hours after the car has been shut off. I have heard it come on 3-4 hours after I shut the car off. Main problem is that it was killing my battery so I went and bought a brand new battery and replaced the terminal connectors hoping maybe that might fix it but it didn't. So then I located the relay for this fan and went down to the dealer and paid half my arm for a new relay $40 bucks :eek: and replaced it and I was sure that was what was causing it but its not its still doing it. Any one have any ideas what else might be causing this condenser fan to do this?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 23, 2008, 07:27 AM
    I'm guessing that this is the US model, as opposed to the Canadian model.
    Your vehicle is equipped with a cooling fan timer module that operates the control side of the condenser relay. If that has an internal failure, it could be cycling the fan on an off again at random intervals.
    Unless you are experienced in this kind of repair, you will either be at the mercy of your Acura dealer: the module/timer unit is behind the center of the instrument panel.
    Proper diagnosis is necessary to determine if this item is the actual fault.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1991 acura integra [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I have another question for you. I have a 1991 Acura Integra with a idling problem. I've check the vacuum lines they were all good and I've also change my idle air control valve three times to make sure that wasn't the problem. I put another engine in the car but the person I bought the car off...

Where is the starter relay on a 94 integra [ 1 Answers ]

Where is the starter relay on a 94 integra

Not starting integra [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm stumped on what to do I have an Integra DC2 1993 1800cc vtec dohc engine code b18c I had a crash in it about 6 months ago and since then it had been sat being build back up out side my house Prior to this crash it had a problem rev surging whenever I held it at the bite point or was at a...

View more questions Search