Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tibetnima Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2008, 03:25 PM
    Booting my PC
    Every time I turn on my Dell PC desktop, it won’t boot window xp directly. It tells me no bootable disk found. Press F1 to continue. So I have to press F1 to start my PC. How can fix this and my PC can boot direct to window xp?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jan 22, 2008, 03:35 PM
    Worst case, someone or some code blew you boot record.

Your post starts normally, and eventually you you get a message that you have no boot record, correct.

Try turning on the PC and then pressing and holding "F8". This should force you to the System setup menu. If it does, make sure that your system is set to allow you to boot from the hard drive.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2008, 07:33 PM
    Make sure you have your hard drive to boot first in your bios

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

USB Booting? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to be able to boot from a USB drive and my bios doesn't support booting from USB devices, so I was wondering if a dos based boot cd(cause my machine doesn't have a floppy drive) to re-route the boot from the USB device, and if so... can somebody show me how to create one. I already know how...

G5 not booting [ 1 Answers ]

I just got a g5 1.8 single processor that didn't have a hard drive, so I bought a maxtor SATA II drive and was planning to load the os from dvd. The mac starts to a flashing power button, what could be the problem? That's as far as it gets, no screen, doesn't recognize an apple keyboard/mouse, so...

PC keeps on restarting after booting [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I have problem with my computer. It always restart after booting. I thought that if I reformat it, it would run normally again. But after hours of using it, it automatically restarted, then after booting it restarted again. What could probably be the cause of this problem? Is it the hardware...

Need Help. Booting [ 1 Answers ]

My computer was working perfectly yesterday. This morning I started it up, normally as I always do, then the following problem occurred. "Operative system failed." Any idea why THAT could happen?

View more questions Search