Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Macker98302 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2008, 02:50 PM
    Mary jane
    Can you get addicted to weed? And does it stunt growth and testerone levels?
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Jan 22, 2008, 02:51 PM
    Weed is like coffee... it is addictive, but not in the same sense as crack or meth, and not to mention a waste of money, and pointless, and can lead to harsher drugs
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2008, 02:58 PM
    Hello Macker:

It can turn into a habit. But, it doesn't stunt your growth or any other bad stuff.

It IS a drug and shouldn't be used by children.

excon
    rockerchick26 Posts: 93, Reputation: 22

Jan 22, 2008, 03:01 PM
    I have taken college classes on drugs and behavior. I don't know about growth and testosterone levels, but I do know that weed is not PHYSICALLY addicting. It is a MENTALLY addictive drug, meaning that you may become addicted to liking the way you feel when high, but your body doesn't need the drug in your system for you to function like other more dangerous substances. I do agree with starfirefly about it being a "gateway" drug... Hanging around certain groups or having contact with drug dealers can lead to trying other drugs.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2008, 03:09 PM
    I would say that using marijuana does not mean it will lead you into harsher drugs. For some, yes. But those people would likely go that path anyway. I know many people in my age bracket that never progressed beyond a joint or two, here and there.

Long term marijuana usage can lead to addiction. Even then, the usage has to be considered compulsive and abusive - where using the drug interferes with daily functioning (in regards to family, work, school, friends, etc.).

A good article to read is this:
    InfoFacts - Marijuana

The following article does have some information on lowering the sperm count in males:
    Marijuana: Health Effects
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2008, 07:23 PM
    Hey you will like it and do it to excess, you may not necessarily get addicted but harm, might come of it. You will get lazy or unreliable with work, school, friends and responsibilities. It's not going to stunt your growth or affect sexual growth, it's just not going to get you anything, but trouble, eventually...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mary Ellen best [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have watercolors from MaryEllen Best and actual photos of her .Any one know a site that can appraise them. Thanks Tami

Emma By Jane Austen [ 2 Answers ]

How does the Symbolism of "Tokens of Affection" help Emma grow up in Jane Austen's Novel? :confused:

Lady Jane wonders if she is diabetic [ 2 Answers ]

If a dog is diabetic how do you know?

View more questions Search