Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hunjher Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2008, 06:06 AM
    Type of cookware
    What is the best all around cookware? :confused: I just don't know what kind is the best. Help
    deditch Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2008, 10:23 AM
    Me personally,I use emeril cookware,its great! Nothing stcks 2 it.but not that cheap!!
    hunjher Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2008, 02:16 PM
    Is it stainless or what
    deditch Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2008, 02:21 PM
    Emeril has stainless steel n coated,I use coated n nothing sticks.just can't use metal utensils
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2008, 03:19 PM
    I have a set of club aluminum cookware and love it. My Mother had boughten it for me, so I could not even tell you where she got it.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2008, 11:37 AM
    You need to take into consideration the type of stove top you have. Some pans are not for the "newer" style smooth top stoves.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 11:42 AM
    I have a gas stove, and I too have (and love) Club aluminum cookware (I have both the brown and the white sets). The company folded but pots can be found on eBay.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2008, 06:09 PM
    The BEST cookware is the glassware from Corning Visionware. It was popular back in the 1970's and 1980's. I have found it to be the absolute best as the non-stick stuff comes off on your food essentially adding unnecessary poison to your system. When the non stick surface heats up it transfers particles of this into your food. Also stainless steel is not the greatest either.

A doctor friend of mine told me about the glass cookware a while back and I thought he was making this up. He said he uses the glass cookware when he cooks food for his patients. He is a medical doctor at a small naval base and has had his set for many years.

I bought a few pieces on Ebay (I don't know what happened to my set I owned back in the early 70's) and I cooked something simple, scrambled eggs. What a huge difference in the taste of the simple eggs! They tasted great. I have since gone on and thrown out my stainless steel copper clad ($250) set as the food didn't taste as good. It tasted like metal to me after I had food cooked in the glassware.

I bought some pieces on Ebay. Some of the Visionware is made in the USA and some in France. Either place is good quality cookware. Nothing really sticks either and clean up is a breeze if something does stick (such as pasta).

I can't praise the glass cookware enough. They can be used on either gas or electric stoves. Once the pan is heated up it stays hot and you use less energy to cook.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 26, 2008, 06:30 PM
    I have to spread the love, twinkie. You hit the bull's eye. My Corning bakeware is wonderful -- and I still use the pieces I got for my wedding on Noah's ark. They hold the heat well, clean up easily, and the food tastes like it's supposed to. I will check for the Visionware.
    handyandy Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jan 31, 2008, 02:06 PM
    Any decent enameled cast iron is my preference for dutch ovens and large stock pots. All-Clad pro series stainless is what I use for my skillets and copper pots are what I use for sauciers.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2008, 02:33 PM
    I would use copper if I could afford them right now, but I have stainless steel pots/pans. You don't need to buy non-stick for things not to stick, whether or not food sticks has more to do with technique than the actual pan.

I also use enameled cast iron dutch ovens, but these aren't cheap!

Jan 31, 2008, 03:06 PM
    I'm lucky as I have an inexpensive outlet for copper, these days you can find fairly inexpensive enameled cast iron. Just got to look and be patient.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2008, 07:42 PM
    Almost forgot cast iron cookware. Nothing is better for someone with an iron deficiency to cook with plain old cast iron. I have at least a dozen different cast iron frying pans from 6" to 20" that I use regularly for cooking steak indoors, hamburgers and fried lima beans (don't laugh it's great try it) to bacon and eggs. They are a pain to take care of but they last forever literally. My mother had an 8" cast iron fry pan for at least 40 years that I know of and used it daily. Somehow eggs cooked in mom's fry pan tasted good. I like them sunny side up - or in Penna they are referred to as dippy eggs that you dip your toast into... yummy!
    jack dandy Posts: 226, Reputation: 9

Jan 31, 2008, 08:29 PM
    There is a cook ware called T-Fal that works pretty good.

Feb 1, 2008, 06:48 AM
    Cast iron is great for certain things, but I find it ruins dishes when finesse and delicacy is required. I find there is nothing like the rich fond produced by enameled cookware. Also make sure that your non-stick pans are not made using Teflon, this has been found recently to be a carcinogen.
    jack dandy Posts: 226, Reputation: 9

Feb 1, 2008, 07:14 AM
    Not to be ignorant,but what is carcinogen?

Feb 1, 2008, 10:02 AM
    Gives you cancer
    orfunz1 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jun 2, 2008, 07:59 PM
    Cast iron... all the way. Treat it right and it will not allow food to stick, and will outlast anything else. :)
    skunkman44 Posts: 76, Reputation: 5

Jun 19, 2008, 03:11 PM
    I have some nice cookware but my best is my great grandmother's cast iron fry pan. I am the 4 generation to have it. It is amazing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you type this one [ 1 Answers ]

Dear everyone, How do you type beta hat in word? Thanks,:)

What type [ 17 Answers ]

What type of a girl is one who slept with 50 + guys? Currently she is 27. 10 yrs ago she had a 45yr old boyfriend, more than 1. Slept with 2 ladies also in the past!

New Way To Type [ 21 Answers ]

Hello Teachers: I've Run Across This Type Of Typing Recently Here On AMHD. I Thought It Was Just Some People Who Didn't Know How To Type. However, I See This Kind Of Typing All The Time. And It's Really Hard To Do. Why Would Anybody Do This? Is This Being Taught Somewhere? excon

Titanium cookware [ 3 Answers ]

When I read about titanium cookware, it says the exterior is titanium. The interior is usually DuPont Autograph 2. What is the advantage of the titanium? I thought that hardening the cooking surface so that it won't be damaged was the main goal. Also the pan itself is usually aluminum (anodized)....

View more questions Search