Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zarro559 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 07:09 PM
    Removing sisters name from the deed to a house
    My sister passed away unexpectedly a little over a month ago, the house I currently live in is under my name and my sisters name, how can I go about removing her name from the deed? I just recently received her death certificate.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 21, 2008, 09:27 PM
    If the deed was written with your name and her name with right of survialship, you can merely have a new deed made and file it along with a copy of the death certificate

Now if the old deed does not show right of survialship, then actually your sisters heris ( which may be you, or may not be) would actually be the other owner. So how the deed is writtten, exactly, will determine the result

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing a name from a house Deed and adding another. [ 10 Answers ]

My Mother recently found out through a neighbor surfing the net that my deceased Step-Father's name was still on our house deed. :confused: Since my Mother and I share the same home, she would like to have his name removed from the Deed and have my name added, so the home would be mine, if...

Removing name from deed [ 2 Answers ]

How does a person get off a deed with a friend? I don't live in the house but agreed 2 years ago to let him use my credit to get the loan. Now I'm married and want to eventually buy my own home. I live in Texas.

Removing name from deed [ 4 Answers ]

How can I have my name removed from a deed on a house that my brother and I share jointly. The loan on the house is in his name. This house is located in Ohio.

Inherited house 3 sisters [ 2 Answers ]

3 sisters inherited mother's house - no mortgage. 1 sisters wants to buy and live in the house. Another sister is willing own 1/3 of house but not live in the house. The sister who will live in the house will buy out the third sister. Question is the sister who owns 1/3 of the house - what taxes is...

View more questions Search