Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MAM219 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 05:26 AM
    Replacing Cooking Hood with Microwave/Hood Combo
    The hood is presently hardwired. How do I turn this into a socket for the microwave?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2008, 05:53 AM
    You can purchase a "male" plug and have a receptacle installed. Put the male plug onto the wires leaving the microwave, or replace the entire cord with a heavy enough gauge wires and put the male plug onto the end and plug into your new receptacle.
    MAM219 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 05:56 AM
    Mowerman,

Thanks for your input, but I am truly a beginner at this. Not quite sure what you mean. Do I need a dedicated hookup to the fusebox? Any help is great!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Corolla - Gooey stuff under the hood [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Corolla LE 07, on which a couple of times there's some sort of goey- fudge like substance coming out from the hood. Not sure why this is happening; there are no leaks and absolutely no problems with the engine. It was even serviced for 5k miles and had no issues. If someone cld help,...

Rewiring from range hood to otr microwave oven [ 1 Answers ]

How do you switch from a 15 amp to a 20 amp to change from a range hood to an otr microwave oven?

Troll and little red riding hood [ 7 Answers ]

Here's a fun little problem if anyine would like to have a go. It's not too bad. Maybe you've seen it before, if so, maybe those who haven't will find it fun. "Little Red Riding Hood is walking to her grandmother's house. She crosses a bridge and a troll tells her to pay 1/2 of all her...

Rocket Robin Hood [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone ever found episodes of Rocket Robin Hood ? It was a cartoon I used to watch it in the morning before school when I was little (yes, I am really dating myself now... ). I'd like to try and find a few episodes... :)

Jenn Air Range Hood [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a new Jenn-Air hood (JXT5830) to install over the range in my kitchen. I then connected the wires as per the instructions, but none of the front lights or functions worked. The company is the worst imaginable-- no help at all to installers, so I must rely on my friends here. I connected...

View more questions Search