Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessicaa405 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2008, 09:06 PM
    How do I kick out a tenanat who I already asked to move out several times?
    About one year ago I leased my house to an elder couple. We didn't make a contract but I told her my son wanted to get married and would probably just notify her when I needed the house. She was OK with this. Now on sept. 17, 2007 I asked her to start looking for a house because we would need the house asap. Now every time they would give me a date that they would move out something always happened that they didn't. I'm tired of asking them to get out of my house! What can I do?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2008, 07:06 AM
    Hello jessicaa:

You need to start formal eviction proceedings. It's a fairly involved process. You can find out exactly what you need to do by perusing your state landlord tenant law. We have a copy right here at the top of this page on a "sticky note".

No matter what follows, I would send them a certified letter giving them 30 days to vacate or eviction will take place. Make sure you have a full rental period in your notice. You could send it now giving them, what, 39 days notice.

Once they see that you're serious, they might get going.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Was asked [ 1 Answers ]

I was asked this question for class I will give you what I got but not sure this is what the answer is. The Question: When you buy new software packs, why does it state the minimum RAM and hard drive space your computer must have for you to run this program. My Answer: Because you need...

Heater won't kick on LED flashes "2" times ? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having a problem with my heat kicking on after not using it for the summer , I went to the roof and trouble shooted and there is a LED light that flashes 2 times . The manual says If the Led flashes 2 times it's the end switch , if the end switch doesn't close before the ignition period ....

My Furnace won't kick on even after I've manually primed it 10 times [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know why I can't seem to keep the furnace running I prime it it stays on for 2 minutes then shuts down even before the blower starts . What's up with the red light near the reset button

To move or not to move - Tub Drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am installing a 72" soaker tub into a properly roughed in basement bathroom. The soaker tub's drain is not in the traditional spot and is positioned in the middle of the length of the bath. I have a 2" snub up located about 24-30" from where my tub drain will sit. Do I have to cut up...

View more questions Search