Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KYST Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2008, 08:53 AM
    Locate past returns
    How do I locate my 2006 tax return amount?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 20, 2008, 10:44 AM
    Call the IRS and ask then to send you a copy of your tax script.

If you had your return done professional, call the preparer and ask for a copy of your 2006 return; expect to pay a small $5 or $10 fee.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Jan 20, 2008, 10:49 AM
    Normally, for most of the requirements your purpose is served if you ask IRS for Transcripts instead of your tax return. You can order a transcript by calling 1-800-829-1040, or using Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return. There is no fee for a transcript. Transcripts have most of the information from your tax return including information from W2, 1099.
    If you have a fax, then you will get transcripts without any delay.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 20, 2008, 10:50 AM
    And if you live in a city with a IRS office, you can just walk in, show ID and get your prior years, I needed some of mine this year and they were very nice and helpful, plus it was free ( even better)
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 20, 2008, 10:55 AM
    Fr Chuck:

Was not aware of the IRS office visit option.

Learn something new every day!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to locate [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to locate an article that software to aid in Knowledge Management? I am probably not looking in the right place

Can they hold income tax returns for past due child support? [ 7 Answers ]

I am going back to court again for past due child support. My ex has been delinquent on payments since 2005 . My ex also owes retro active support. An income deduction order is in effect, though he switched jobs two weeks after it was enforced with his employer in 2005. The state has already put a...

Trying to locate a well [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I bought a house with a staple. Inside the stable was a computer well setup. I thought I found the well under a deck outside the house. It was a 2 meter cube. Last weekend I went down the cube and found it was not a well. I do not know what this cube is for, it has level indicator, has a...

Can you file joint Federal returns and separate State Tax Returns [ 1 Answers ]

We lived in different cities so can we file joint federal returns and separate state returns??

Trying to locate [ 5 Answers ]

My name is Diana. I am trying to locate two individuals Anna Marie Anderson born July 26, 1982 and Elizabeth Geneviera Anderson born July 28, 1975. Both girls were 5 years old at the time of the adoptions. Their mother constance j anderson has not seen her daughters in over 20+ years. I am hoping...

View more questions Search