Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kenzboo2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2008, 08:49 PM
    Need to lose lots?
    Im a 14 year old girl. 5'2'' and I weigh about 220lbs. I know that is definitely not a healthy weight fir my age and height, but how much do I need to weigh to be at a healthy range and how do I lose it quickly?
    carolinakelly Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jan 20, 2008, 01:09 PM
    Have Mom or Dad make an appointment for you to see a Doctor. Never try fad diets that claim to melt away pounds, it's a lifestyle change you will need and taking weight off fast isn't healthy. Good luck and stay positive!
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Jan 20, 2008, 01:20 PM
    You don't want to loose it too quickly, and you need to be careful about losing too much or not eating right.
    There are websites that can help you design a diet that will help you out. They're free I've heard of them on the news, but can't remember the names so you can try googling 'free diet plans' or something like that.

Second since your in middle or high school (9th grade right?) you have all sorts of athletic activities and gyms at your disposal. Try walking every day (my step sister lost 30 or 40 pound last summer doing that she's 17) or try joining a sport... track season is coming up and I'll bet you could do javelin or shot put. It dosen't require much running and the majority of participants are heavy set, so it can help you get the basics of exercise and stuff like that, at also looks great to have a sport on college applications. :-)

The most important thing is to go and see a doctor to make sure that what your doing is healthy. They can also suggest there own diet plan or refer you to a nutritionist.

Whatever you do, don't give up. It will take a while to really see a difference, but you can do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lots of frogs before the one? [ 7 Answers ]

I am beginning to wonder if there are any great guys out there. I know there is, but do we go through a lot of guys or gals before we meet that someone? I seem to have met a few guys with red flags and hope to find just a nice guy, not a bad boy. Does everyone believe there is that special guy or...

Dog scooting lots [ 1 Answers ]

We have had our dog for 1.5 yrs now. She always goes through phases where she scoots on her butt lots. We have taken her to the vet for this and are told her anal glands get plugged and need draining. So as soon as she scoots we take her in and get them drained and then she seems OK. But now...

Lots of problems! [ 2 Answers ]

The past few days when we flush our toilet it does not always flush, instead it sits there and begins to leak from under the toilet. It only seems to happen if we have recently used the shower though. When it does finally flush there is a loud gurgling noise in my bathroom sink and shower. Also,...

Lots of questions [ 1 Answers ]

Thank you

3 lots, selling 2 of them [ 1 Answers ]

If I own 3 lots and I am selling 2 of them, will I have to pay capital gains taxes on the 2 lots I am selling?

View more questions Search