Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Newfie45 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2008, 05:24 PM
    Kenmore Stacking Dryer with Clunking Sound
    Good evening everyone! My 3 year old Kenmore Stacking Dryer just developed a clunking sound in the past two drying cycles. The sound is similar to the one produced if you put a sneaker in the dryer and each rotation the sneaker would bounce off the drum. We live about 45 miles from the nearest Sears store and the folks there have been less than helpful. We've read through the manuals that came with the dryer, but nothing addresses this. Can anyone help? Many thanks.
    Jo

Jan 18, 2008, 07:19 PM
    Sorry, I just realized I didn't identify the model - it is 417.83142201, the Eco Care System.:o

Jan 27, 2008, 08:21 AM
    OK - we found out what the problem was! When sorting through the fourth load of drying, we found a zipper foot which had been ground down considerably. We theorize that it had gotten stuck somewhere inside the drum, making it rotate a bit off balance - hence the clunking sound. When the destroyed zipper foot fell out, the problem resolved itself. Now, I just have to figure out where the zipper came from and replace it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Model # of Kenmore Elite Catalysts Washer set to Kenmore 110.60936990 dryer from 1999 [ 3 Answers ]

I am experiencing weird problems with my top of the line Kenmore Elite Catalysts washing machine. I bought the washer and dryer as a pair for about $1700 in 1999. The dryer model # is 110.60936990 but the sticker has worn off the washer so I do not know the model #. I think it could be...

Kenmore Stackable Dryer/Washer Dryer Squeaks [ 1 Answers ]

We have developed a squeak in the dryer. It does heat okay and clothes are tumbling well. I went online to get the schematics of the dryer drum, but would not know where to start as parts are numbered and not named. Help:confused:

Thumping, clunking sound in wall when faucet turned on/off [ 1 Answers ]

We have recently developed a thumping or clunking noise in the wall when water is turned on or off in the lavatory sink (either hot or cold water). The clunk is also heard as the toilet stops filling. With each turn on/off, the clunk happens just once. Any idea what is causing this and what we...

Clunking sound in Honda Accord 2003 [ 1 Answers ]

I drive a 2003 Honda Accord LX (with 33K miles on it) and I have recently found that on city streets, when I am driving below 40 mph, the car suddenly develops the nasty habit of making clunking sounds on the driver side. The clunking sound is periodic and sounds as if something is stuck in the...

View more questions Search