Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Panda816 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2008, 10:57 AM
    Appreciating Stay at Home moms
    I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I once read a poem or saying about appreciating Stay at Home Moms and being very touched by it. I cannot find it anywhere! Wondering if anyone knows of something nice like this. Thanks.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2008, 11:07 AM
    I don't know but I remember Dear Abbey use to put a poem like that in her column every now and then. I don't remember how it went.
    life1973happened Posts: 322, Reputation: 109
    -

Jan 17, 2008, 12:17 PM
    I have seen a few I will post what I have read and maybe one is the one you are talking about this first one, talks about mothers in general.

For All Mothers

This is for all the mothers who froze their buns off on metal bleachers at soccer games instead of watching from cars, so that when their kids asked, "Did you see my goal?" They could say, "Of course, I wouldn't have missed it for the world," and mean it.

This is for all the mothers who have sat up all night with sick children in their arms, wiping up barf laced with Oscar Meyer wieners and cherry Kool-Aid saying, "It's OK honey, Mommy's here."

This is for all the mothers of Kosovo who fled in the night and can't find their children. This is for the mothers who gave birth to babies they'll never see and for the mothers who took those babies and gave them homes.

For all the mothers who run carpools and make cookies and sew Halloween costumes and for all the mothers who don't.

What makes a good mother anyway? Is it patience? Compassion? Broad hips? The ability to nurse a baby, cook dinner, and sew a button on a shirt, all at the same time? Or is it heart? Is it the ache you feel when you watch your son or daughter disappear down the street, walking to school alone for the very first time?

The jolt that takes you from sleeping to dread, from bed to crib at to a.m. to put your hand on the back of a sleeping baby?

Is it the need to flee from wherever you are and hug your child when you hear news of a school shooting, a fire, a car accident, a baby dying?

I think so.

So this is for all the mothers who sat down with their children and explained all about making babies. And for all the mothers who wanted to but just couldn't.

This is for reading "Goodnight, Moon" twice a night for a year. And then reading it again, "Just one more time".

This is for all the mothers who mess up. Who yell at their kids in grocery store and swat them in despair and stomp their feet like a tired two year old who wants ice cream before dinner.

This is for all the mothers who taught their children to tie their shoelaces before they started to school and for all the mothers who opted for Velcro instead.

For all the mothers who bite their lips (sometimes until they bleed) when their 14 year olds dyed their hair green.

This is for all the mothers who lock themselves in the bathroom when babies keep crying and won't stop.

This is for all mothers who show at work with spit-up in their hair and milkstains on their blouses and diapers in their purse.

This is for mothers who teach their sons to cook and their daughters to sink a jump shot.

This is for all mothers whose heads turn automatically when a little voice calls "Mom?" in a crowd, even though they know their own offspring are at home or are grown.

This is for mothers who put pinwheels and teddy bears on their children's graves.

This is for all the mothers whose children have gone astray and who can't find words to reach them.

This is for all the mothers who sent their child to school with a stomach ache, assuring that they would be just FINE once they got there, only to get a call from the school nurse an hour later asking them to please pick them up right away.

This is for young mothers stumbling through diaper changes and sleep deprivation. And mature mothers learning to let go.

For working moms and stay-at-home moms. Single mothers and married mothers.

Mothers with money and mothers without.
    This is for you, so hang in there. The world would be a terrible place without the love of mothers everywhere. You make it a more civil, caring and safe place for the precious children in our world.

Author unknown
    -

Jan 17, 2008, 12:18 PM
    MOM WANTED JOB DESCRIPTION:

Long term team players needed for challenging permanent work in an often chaotic environment. Candidates must possess excellent communication and organizational skills, and be willing to work variable hours, which will include evenings and weekends and 24hour shifts on call. Some overnight travel required, including trips to primitive camping sites on rainy weekends and endless sports tournaments in far away cities. Travel expenses not reimbursed. Extensive courier duties also required.

RESPONSIBILITIES:
    Must provide on-the-site training in basic life skills, such as nose blowing. Must have strong skills in negotiating, conflict resolution and crisis management. Ability to suture flesh wounds a plus. Must be able to think out of the box but not lose track of the box, because you most likely will need it for a school project. Must reconcile petty cash disbursements and be proficient in managing budgets and resources fairly, unless you want to hear, "He got more than me!" for the rest of your life. Also, must be able to drive motor vehicles safely under loud and adverse conditions while simultaneously practicing above mentioned skills in conflict resolution. Must be able to choose your battles and stick to your guns. Must be able to withstand criticism, such as "You don't know anything." Must be willing to be hated at least temporarily, until someone needs $5 to go skating. Must be willing to bite tongue repeatedly. Also, must possess the physical stamina of a pack mule and be able to go from zero to 60 mph in three seconds flat in case, this time, the screams from the backyard are not someone just crying wolf. Must be willing to face stimulating technical challenges, such as small gadget repair, mysteriously sluggish toilets and stuck zippers. Must screen phone calls, maintain calendars and coordinate production of multiple homework projects. Must have ability to plan and organize social gatherings for clients of all ages and mental outlooks. Must be willing to be indispensable one minute, an embarrassment the next. Must handle assembly and product safety testing of a half million cheap, plastic toys and battery operated devices. Also, must have a highly energetic entrepreneurial spirit, because fund-raiser will be your middle name. Must have a diverse knowledge base, so as to answer questions such as "What makes the wind move?" or "Why can't the army just go in and shoot Sadaam Hussein?" on the fly. Must always hope for the best but be prepared for the worst. Must assume final, complete accountability for the quality of the end product. Responsibilities also include floor maintenance and janitorial work throughout the facility.

POSSIBILITY FOR ADVANCEMENT AND PROMOTION:
    Virtually none. Your job is to remain in the same position for years, without complaining, constantly retraining and updating your skills, so that those in your charge can ultimately surpass you.

PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE:
    None required, unfortunately. On-the-job training offered on a continually exhausting basis. College will help them become financially independent. When you die, you give them whatever is left. The oddest thing about this reverse-salary scheme is that you actually enjoy it and wish you could only do more.

BENEFITS:
    While no health or dental insurance, no pension, no tuition reimbursement, no paid holidays and no stock options are offered, job supplies limitless opportunities for personal growth and free hugs for life if you play your cards right.

Author unknown
    -

Jan 17, 2008, 12:38 PM
    Allow me to tell of a woman I know,
    Spreading love and joy always anew.
    A good family she came, then she grew,
    Her very own family, from a circle of two.

A woman not afraid to face the unknown,
    Traveling the seas to live her dreams.
    Life blessed with God, love and children,
    A circle of love she created it seems.

Stay at home mom, married life agrees,
    Her heart always filled with passion and zest.
    Doing what is right, always choosing her words,
    Certainly has a knack of knowing what is best.

Her circle of love began with just two,
    Children born changed life forever.
    Quiet turned to laughter, music to their ears,
    Would not have it any other way, never.

Together they faced many problems at hand,
    This circle of love soon became heightened.
    It took many years, the children grew,
    Learned together they would never be frightened.

These children now have families of their own,
    This circle of love has continued to grow.
    Grandchildren visit, too many to count,
    This family is growing, how could they know.

To think it all began with one woman alone,
    A prayer, dream mixed with prosperity and love.
    An empire has grown from this circle of two,
    By the grace of God on the wings of a dove.

Allow me to tell of a woman I know,
    Spreading love and joy always anew.
    A good family she came, then she grew,
    Her very own family, from a circle of two.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How old is old enough to stay home alone? [ 12 Answers ]

I have a question regarding my 7 year old son (1st grader)... occasionally my husband picks him up after school and then leaves him home alone for a couple of hours so he can go back to work to finish a job. He is a business owner and sometimes it's crucial he gets back to finish something. He...

Rights to stay in home [ 1 Answers ]

I live and care for my elderly mother in a home that is owned by my sister. She owns this home because my parents signed it over to her under duress. They did so, over 10 years ago because they were applying for medicare and social security. They were afraid that they would show too many assets...

Will my property tax assessment increase I buy out my sisters portion of moms home [ 5 Answers ]

Will the property tax assessment rate increase from its very low rate to the current and much higher riate when I buy out my sisters portion of our mothers home which we all inherited?

Stay at home mom's [ 7 Answers ]

I am in need of the REAL value of a stay at home mom. I have checked out sites for Nannies, and house keepers, and I am getting some ideas. But, I am really needing to know, when my fiancé throws in my face that he pays all the bills, do I have any right to throw back of the cost that I am...

FiancŽ wants me to stay home [ 11 Answers ]

I have a son still at home and I am raising my grandson who is 3. I am marrying a man who has never married and has no children. He feels the children really need me to stay home. To be perfectly honest, I really want to stay home too. The problem is I don't feel right having him be our only...

View more questions Search