Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shewholvs Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2008, 10:23 AM
    Beliefs of Hinduism
    What are the central beliefs of Hinduism?
    mani_jeddah Posts: 75, Reputation: -1

Jan 17, 2008, 10:55 AM
    Hey its mani_jeddah

"According to Hindu beliefs, Brahman is the principle source of the universe. This divine intelligence exists in all beings. Thus all the Hindu gods and goddesses are manifestations of the one Brahman. Hinduism is based on the concept of reincarnation, in which all living beings, from plants to gods, live in a cycle of living and dying.

Life is determined by the law of karma. According to karma, the quality of rebirth is determined by the moral behavior displayed in the previous life. In this view, life on earth is regarded as temporary and a challenge. The goal of existence is to reach liberation from the cycle of rebirth and death and enter into an indescribable state called moksha (liberation). The ones who reach this state no longer struggle with the cycle of life and death. "

That's what u want, rate my answer!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hinduism [ 2 Answers ]

What are the historical figures and events of Hinduism

Specific beliefs of Hinduism [ 4 Answers ]

What are the central Hinduism beliefs?

Hinduism [ 2 Answers ]

What kind of question would a 5th grader ask if they were going to do a survey on Hinduism

Almost the same beliefs [ 5 Answers ]

Ive been reading the conversation Orange was having (sorry,Iforgot with who) I'm really enlightened to find out that Jews believe in an afterlife; this shaol u speak of where they wait for a messiah when they die. The Jews I've known pretty closely always gave the impression that they were "really"...

View more questions Search