Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wayne 5347 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2008, 08:09 PM
    Laundry tub drain tube
    While replacing the hot and cold cartridges for the laundry room faucet I had to pull out the small drain tube that runs from the bottom of the faucet assembly. As part of the cartridge got stuck and couldn't get the rest out from the top, I had to disassemble everything and remove the faucet assembly from the laundry tub. The drain tube would not fit back into the metal part it came out of, so I siliconed the outside of the metal part so that water wouldn't squirt out. My question is, what is the purpose of this drain tube, and by not using it now will I cause any problems to the faucet?
    If the silicone doesn't hold the water pressure back, are there any other suggestions anyone can think of?
    Thank you
    Wayne5347
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2008, 08:46 PM
    I am not sure what you are referring to when you talk about the drain tube. Is this connected to the faucet or to the laundry tub?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accessing drain tube in Frigidaire refrigerator [ 3 Answers ]

Water is collecting under the crispers in my Frigidaire refrigerator, model number FRT15CRAD1. How do I access the drain tube?

Possible clogged drain tube [ 1 Answers ]

Hello water is settling under veggie drawers at the bottorm of my frigidare refrigerator (model frt16pdfw4). I think the drain tube may be stopped up but dan't figure out how to get to drain tube to flush it. Help :confused: Ann

Outgoing Drain Behind Vanity Cabinet Not Aligned with Sink Drain Tube in New Sinktop [ 1 Answers ]

I'm installing a new vanity cabinet and new marble vanity top, both slightly larger than the originals. The problem we've encountered is that the drainage pipe that will exit sink water from the sink to the house -- the PVC pipe in the house/wall -- is not aligned with the new location of the sink...

Small tube from my laundry tub taps [ 2 Answers ]

I want to move my laundry tub. There is a small metal tube (about 1/4") coming from the bottom of the taps. It then is simply fitted into a rubber tube that runs down to the floor. It is behind the base 2/4 of the wall so I cannot see if it goes into the floor or along the wall behind the 2x4. ...

Hotpointe refrigerator clogged drain tube [ 4 Answers ]

Water is collecting in bottom of refrigerator - I think it may be a clogged drain tube. Where is this tube so I can attempt to "clear" it.

View more questions Search