Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eparent Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2008, 09:40 AM
    Facial Moisturizer and SPF
    If my facial moisturizer does not contain a sunscreen, will it reduce the SPF if I mix the moisturizer with a sunscreen prior to application or will I get the same amount of 'protection?'
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 16, 2008, 03:36 PM
    I don't recommend mixing your facial moisturizer with a sunscreen. It may dilute your moisturizer and cause it not to work effectively. Apply your sunscreen first, allowing to it absorb into your skin and then apply your moisturizer. Or, you can opt for a moisturizer that contains a sunscreen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best Hair Moisturizer For Brittle Breaking Hair? [ 8 Answers ]

My brittle breaking hair may be caused by a health change. Each hair seems about half to one quarter skinnier than before. The hair as a whole does not hold moisture long and I should never put any kind of heat or chemicals on it. I use cream conditioners, but I never wash them out. They act...

What cleanser and moisturizer is best for oily skin? [ 15 Answers ]

Hello to all, I am using acne aid cleansing bar and I can say, it is effective in cleaning my face but after an hour my face returned to oily condition. I have heard that dermatologist discouraged people to use acne aid bar because it aggrevate acne on face. How true is it? I am also using st....

What knd of moisturizer [ 4 Answers ]

Hi guys I'm here again asking for you advices.. Uhmm... no its getting cold I'm wondering what kind of skin particularly face moisturizer that I can use winder time.. Thanks in advance!! :)

Waterproof moisturizer [ 2 Answers ]

I have acne prone skin and us a topical medication, it's working really well but swimming causes my skin to get very dry and flaky, I am curious as to if anyone knows any great natural waterproof moisturizers on the market. Thanks so much!

View more questions Search