Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rmosallaei Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2008, 11:43 PM
    Trip lever in tub won't move
    Hi. Last night when I tried to use our tub, I found that the trip lever that moves the plunger closed will not move. After checking several sites, I found out that we have a plunger type of drain. It have the flat cover on the tub drain with no moving part showing in the tub itself. What can cause the lever to stop moving and will I need to replace the whole insides or is it something small.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2008, 06:04 AM
    Disassemble the cover where the lever is and remove the cover and lever rods. Is it brass or plastic? It may need cleaning if brass and it may need adjusting if plastic. If it is stuck and will not pull out, write back, do not pull too hard and break it off in the pipe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trip Lever drain stays closed [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gerber Trip lever Drain in my tub. The drain stays closed. When I push lever up it will not stay in place. I have taken it apart and cannot figure out why. Can you help. Also where can I get part for this? Dave

Bath tub trip lever STUCK closed [ 3 Answers ]

Our bath tub trip lever is stuck in the "up" position. I've tried to force it, and water will drain very slowly, but the lever doesn't go down. Not sure how it got stuck in the closed position (we have a 5 yr. old and a 1 yr. old, so most things of this nature are a mystery.) Can anyone shed...

Replacing trip lever in bathtub [ 1 Answers ]

How can I replace the trip lever in my tub? The handle broke off... inside parts are still good... I just need to connect the new plate to the lever in the inside of the pipe.? Jose

Bathtub Trip Lever [ 5 Answers ]

My wife and I purchased our first house two years ago. We are finishing up a bathroom remoldel that we've done 100% ourselves thus far. I refinished the bathtub with 2 part epoxy and it looks great! So great that I would like to replace the 50+ year old trip lever/plate assembly. To my...

Russian Lever [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have my grades in 3 weeks and I'm struggling with my russian lever on beam - any sugestions? :( thanks!

View more questions Search