Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mositi27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2008, 02:52 PM
    Electric Hot Water Heater
    I have an electric hot water heater and its not even a year old. Our hot water faucet in the tub will not shut off all the way so the hot water has been dripping lightly constantly for about 3 weeks. One day the hot water just stopped coming on. Do I need to buy a new one or is there something I can do? Did the heater burn out for good?
    umpeshul Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2008, 05:16 PM
    I just went through this. If there is absolutely no warmth to the water then it could be the upper heating element or a faulty heating element thermostat. If there is some warmth to the water, then it could be the lower heating element or faulty upper or lower thermostat I learned this by running a search on 'troubleshooting hot water heaters'. I didn't go as far as fixing it but I was more informed when looking for a repairman.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric Water Heater [ 4 Answers ]

I have an electric water heater this about 10 yrs old. I have to constantly press the reset button because the heater runs out of Hot Water. When I press the reset button after a while the water becomes almost scalding hot and will eventually turn cold again, which forces me to press the reset...

Electric Water Heater [ 4 Answers ]

There is no water flowing out the hot water side of all sinks, showers, tubs and washer. Problem with the hot water heater?

Electric Hot Water Heater [ 1 Answers ]

On Thursday, December 6th, 2007 our pump house for our well froze up. When water was finally restored my hot water heater didn't work. I get nothing, not a gurgle or grind. When I turn on the hot water spigot water comes out so I know water is flowing through the hot water heater, but it is not...

Electric Water Heater [ 2 Answers ]

I have an electric water heater this about 10 yrs old. I have to constantly press the reset button because the heater runs out of Hot Water. When I press the reset button after a while the water becomes almost scalding hot and will eventually turn cold again, which forces me to press the reset...

Electric Water Heater [ 7 Answers ]

Howdy all again, here's another question. If you read my previous post about Water Circulator Woes, we're going to move upstairs now. My 20 gal electric water heater is pulling too much power. It's discoloring the electrical faceplate, and it actually burnt through it's power cable. But it...

View more questions Search