Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Adamj874 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2008, 03:37 PM
    Which type of trap is legal?
    I have been asked a question on an inspection quiz and it asks :"which of the following is a legal and commonly used trap?". A) Bell Trap. B) S trap. C) Drum Trap. D) P trap.

I think they're all commonly used traps. Am I missing something or are a couple of them illegal nowadays? Thanks AJ
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 14, 2008, 03:57 PM
    The only legal trap is a p-trap... unless you are in Maine, and then a drum trap can be used within 10 feet of the waste stack (no vent required here). Especially the way the quiz question was phrased... which of the following is a legal trap... suggests looking for only one answer... but I could be wrong. Hope this helped!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 14, 2008, 04:05 PM
    "I think they're all commonly used traps." Nope not in these united states. Last to go was the S trap leaving P as the only one allowed by IBC. What kind of inspection test are you taking, home inspection qualification?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

70s or 80s "Mouse Trap"-type game [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone remember a game similar to Mouse Trap where you set a marble rolling to start contraptions. It was a circus theme where one circus member flipped, two people on opposite ends of a ladder twirled down a pole, and a pendelum swung causing another circus member to fly across the board and...

Legal and commonly used trap [ 5 Answers ]

Which of the following is a legal and commonly used trap? A. Bell trap B. S Trap C. Drum trap D. P trap

Drain smell and identifing washing machine sink trap type [ 4 Answers ]

I have read lots of answers about dealing with the smell of drains from a washing machine, sink etc... My washing machine plumbing seems unusual with the drain away pipe going into a long white pipe that goes under the floorboards but also goes straight up for about 50cms to an end point that has...

Replace P-trap with drum trap--good idea? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a large crack in a cast iron waste line. The line at that point serves just the kitchen sink and is vented to the roof. The first plumber I called wants to disconnect the P-trap, install a drum trap, drill through the cabinet and floor, and connect to the waste line down below the crack....

P-trap GAP - p-trap too low to meet sink drain extension [ 13 Answers ]

I just took an old crane drexel sink off the wall and replaced it for the time being ( I want to fix the older sink) with a cheap vanity/sink set. All that was easy enough, but now to my chagrin I can't finish the job. The p trap is too low, the extension pipe from the sink doesn't go all...

View more questions Search