Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missmeliss Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2008, 07:58 AM
    Period is late, pregnancy symptoms, two negative HPT's
    I am 28 years old and have been on the pill for 10 years. I went off the pill in December because my husband and I wanted to start trying for a baby. The 1st day of my LMP was Dec 10th. I am 36 days into my cycle and still no period. I don't have any of my normal premenstrual symptoms (bloating, sore breasts, heavy cramps). I started having some other symptoms such as frequent urination, nausea, loss of appetite, fullness in my breasts (but no soreness), a feeling of fullness in the pelvic area, light cramping, and heavy whitish discharge. I took a HPT at 33 days and was sure it would be positive. It was not. I continued to have all these symptoms so I took another test yesterday (day 35). Still negative. Is it possible that I'm pregnant and it's not showing up on the tests yet? I feel SO completely pregnant. Am I just psyching myself out with wishful thinking?

Thanks!
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jan 14, 2008, 02:20 PM
    I'm in a similar situation as you. After 10yr on the pill, I stopped in October and my first cycle off was 33 days long. They've slowly begun to regulate since then.

While it is possible you could become pregnant this shortly after discontinuing birth control, its not likely. For most women, it takes several months to leave your body.
    missmeliss Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2008, 02:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by missmeliss
    I am 28 years old and have been on the pill for 10 years. I went off the pill in December because my husband and I wanted to start trying for a baby. The 1st day of my LMP was Dec 10th. I am 36 days into my cycle and still no period. I don't have any of my normal premenstrual symptoms (bloating, sore breasts, heavy cramps). I started having some other symptoms such as frequent urination, nausea, loss of appetite, fullness in my breasts (but no soreness), a feeling of fullness in the pelvic area, light cramping, and heavy whitish discharge. I took a HPT at 33 days and was sure it would be positive. It was not. I continued to have all these symptoms so I took another test yesterday (day 35). Still negative. Is it possible that I'm pregnant and it's not showing up on the tests yet? I feel SO completely pregnant. Am I just psyching myself out with wishful thinking?

Thanks!
    Yeah, I keep feeling like I'm going to start... I will have a little cramping and feel a "trickle"... run to the bathroom with a tampon and there's nothing there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed period, symptoms.. Pregnancy test negative! [ 2 Answers ]

I am two weeks late in starting my period. I have tender breasts, bloated feeling, even my upper legs feel sore, my teeth hurt, which is not normal for me. I took a pregnancy test early last week, it came out negative. Took another one last night, again negative. This morning while showering I...

Late period, pregnancy symptoms [ 1 Answers ]

I just got my period but it was late. I got it on the 36th day from the last time my period started. I have been have a few symptoms and being pregnant. About a week to a week and a half I took 2 home pregnancy tests and they were negative. Could I still be pregnant?:confused:

Pregnancy symptoms, 4 weeks late but 2 negative hpt! [ 3 Answers ]

I am four weeks late with my period, have a bloated stomach, sore tingling breasts and have done two home pregnancy tests but they have said negative! Don't understand, could anyone help with any info? Xxxx:confused:

Negative HPT, no period, pregnancy symptoms [ 3 Answers ]

I have taken 2 pregnancy tests, both negative. I have a 30-35 day cycle, I am on day 38, no period. I am totally exhusted, I have felt sick for the past two mornings, I am bloated, and I just about lost my breakfast this morning when I gave my dog a greenie from the smell, and I have never gotten...

Pregnancy Symptoms, Missed Period, Negative Test Result! [ 6 Answers ]

I was on birth control for about 3 weeks at the end of March/beginning of April. I stopped because I kept forgetting my pill and had 2 periods in the month of April. I was going to start again after my period in May so I could get back on schedule. I had intercourse during this time while I was...

View more questions Search