Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mark e Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2008, 03:36 PM
    Goodman model gmpn080-4
    Have a goodman model gmpn080-4 I lost blower limit pressure switch previously and seemed to be the same thing, ordered part and still does same thing. Thought it may have had a vacuum leak so I sealed the edges, as long as it is not connected (securely) to the exhaust pipe it runs fine. As soon as I tighten down it does the thee blink sequence that says a bad switch or blockage. Has anyone seen this happen? The exhaust pipe is clear?
    therinnaiguy Posts: 153, Reputation: 5

Jan 14, 2008, 05:05 AM
    Check both the air intake as well as the exhaust. Also make sure air filter is clean and condensate is draining and all hoses are clear of debris.
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2008, 06:57 AM
    Make sure the fittings that the pressure switch tubing are attached to are open and not clogged up. Good luck, Mike
    mark e Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2008, 10:57 AM
    Thanks for the responses, yes I have triple checked all my connections and have good air circulation. One thing I thought is the exhaust blower motor may not have enough power with the back pressure of the exhaust, and that's why it kicks the code?
    Frdbrkl Posts: 94, Reputation: 7

Jan 14, 2008, 02:59 PM
    This is a vent blockage, plain and simple. If it works fine with the exhaust removed, but fails when you connect it, there is a venting problem. You will need to make *sure* the vent is clear, and check the existing venting against the installation instructions for that model furnace. Are there long horizontal runs with "bellies" in the pipe? Is there a reducer in a horizontal run? Is there a screen on the outdoor side preventing squirrels and mice from nesting in the pipe?

You may need to get a tech to look at this-and I don't recommend you call the people that installed it. If they put it in wrong, they aren't going to be that quick to tell you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore elite model quiet guard 7 model 665. [ 12 Answers ]

Six month old dishwasher. Worked fine until today - won't start. LIghts are on and control panel seems to be working OK. The "Clean" indicator is flashing in intervals of 7 flashes and then pauses. When I select the "Start" button it flashes red 3 times and then nothing. The "Drain/Cancel"...

Looking for wiring schematic for goodman model clj48-1a it was missing on the unit [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: looking for wiring schematic for goodman model clj48-1a

Goodman wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I Am Trying To Hook Up My Ac Unit From Kenmore With A Goodman Condenser And I Need Help With A Wiring Diagram

Goodman [ 2 Answers ]

I'm shopping for a new forced air furnace. The lowest price I have is for a high efficiency furnace made by Goodman. Never heard of this manufacturer. What is the quality rating for Goodman high efficiency furnaces? Thanks

Goodman Model A32-15 [ 1 Answers ]

I understand how ot wire abasic thermostat but on my Goodman I have OTC-OT1-OT2 & OT3. What are these for?

View more questions Search