Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hopeful123 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 02:28 AM
    Bio claire or DS
    Hello guys do you think bio claire is better than Diana Stalder for lightening?
    For face and for body---which one is better??
    What gives quicker... even... lighter results.
    Has anyone use Bio claire on their face with success??
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Jan 12, 2008, 04:09 AM
    I'm a current user of Ds. I must say it has not lightened my skin as much as I thought it would. But then I heard you got to use it for some time to get results.
    But with bio claire, many have said it lightens their face quickly but body takes a while.
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Jan 12, 2008, 08:18 AM
    hopeful123,

I have used both. Personally the Bio clair was better, although I think it should be used with small breaks in between, as it thins the skin and can make it a little sore. I would not be happy to use it on my face for this reason, so only use it on my body.

The Ds didn't wok for me and I think made me go darker, whilst I was using it.
    strawxxx Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 08:46 AM
    MAHARANI, where did you buy your Bio?

Jan 12, 2008, 03:04 PM
    I am from the uk and most black cosmetic shops have it.

I get mine from Pak cosmetics in Stroud Green Road Finsbury Park or a couple of beauty stores in Tottenham on Seven Sisters Road. There are also shops in Dalston, Hackney that have it.

But once again I would only suggest it for the body, not the face.
    all_honesty Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Jul 3, 2008, 02:09 PM
    Hi,

I've been using Bio Clair for years and it's pretty good. In my case, I had really bad scars on my legs from mosquito bites, when I went to Africa; it got really bad to the point that I couldn't show them off. Then my aunt from Ghana told me about Bio Clair and sent me some. Since then, the scars have been cleared up... also it gives you a nice complexion. I don't think it can really change a dark complexion to a lighter one. I'm already a caramel complexion so it basically brought my complexion back... (By clearing up the scars). Also, if you do decide to use it... putting it on your face it probably not the best advice. For me, when I did put it on my face... I ended up with ridiculous rashes and wouldn't be seen in public.
    The best thing to use... that I RECOMMEND is Derma lair. I was a bit darker back then... man, this thing works magic. Now I have a caramel complexion thanks to Dermaclair. I've been using it for about 4 years now. When I started I use it for my whole body, but now since my whole body is a caramel complexion... I only use dermaclair for my face and bio clair for my body. It's not a whole lot of lotion in the dermaclair bottle, that's why I only use it on my face. Being that if I use bioclair on my face it will cause rashes, I only use it on my body to maintain the complexion.
    Hopefully, I've answered your question. Sorry for writing a paragraphs worth. Lol. If you would like to know more about these products, you can write me back anytime.
    Vicky_D Posts: 254, Reputation: 19

Jul 3, 2008, 02:44 PM
    hopeful123> Diana Stalder is GREAT for clearing up acne and dark blemishes on the face (particularly the soap and the exfoliants), as well as making the skin look brighter and clearer.

Does it actually lighten your skin by a few shades? I highly dobut it. If it does, it will go right back to your original skin color before you even notice a change. But yeah, it makes your face look clearer and brighter, so it's a start.

As far as the rest of the body, I'm not so sure. I actually bought something for the body from DS but I haven't really used it yet.

And be WARNED... the containers that the Diana Stalder products come in are no bigger than your hand. I promise you can fit all of them in the palm of your hand, and they'd be about as big as the length of your hand (actually way smaller than that).

So, if you really want this stuff you'd have to order a CRAP LOAD of it, which is expensive. The pictures on their websites are quite misleading and not everyone knows how big measurements (like oz. etcetera) are. I sent them an email about that, actually.

Good luck!
    labella Posts: 27, Reputation: 4

Jul 10, 2008, 10:19 AM
    I have used Bio Claire for about 3 months. It has brightened my face about 2-3 shades and my body only about 1-2 shades. I'm happy with that. I used the cream on my body and lotion on my face.

I will warn you. The skin on my body dried really bad the 2nd month then got better and then I broke out in a rash on my legs and arms. But I just bought a new bottle of cream so I threw it out and waited 3 days until the rash cleared and tested the lotion and its fine. I think I got a bad batch of cream which I'm sure can happen. Over all for the price and results I'm happy with Bio Claire.

Jul 19, 2008, 09:08 AM
    labella,

You say that your face has lightened by a few shades. So would you say it has lightened to the point that it is noticeable to people who know you ?

I would be way too scared to use this on my face, but am glad that your results have been positive.

Jul 19, 2008, 01:20 PM
    My son has been away for about 4 weeks and when he first saw me the first thing he said was"you look lighter"

I only used the lotion on my face. The cream is too thick and heavy and I wouldn't try the oil on my face. I only use the lotion every other day. I am starting to look pale and I don't like that. My face looks like I need some sun, Ha! I'm still using it on my body once a day for the parts that have lightened to my liking and twice a day on my darker parts. In between my breast, the back of my legs, inside my thighs and my fore arms and shoulders are extremely light like 3 or 4 shades, and the back of my arms, buttocks, outer thighs, and the front of my legs only lightened 1-2 shades, so I'm concentrating on those parts. But even if the Bio Claire stopped lightnening and just maintained what I have I would still be really happy!
    jerseyboy Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 03:12 PM
    Where can I buy this

Jul 24, 2008, 03:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy
    where can I buy this
    I get my BC from Number one online site - beautyofnewyork.com, but depending on where you live you might be able to find it in your local black or african beauty shops.
    kpangor Posts: 357, Reputation: 2

Aug 16, 2008, 08:42 PM
    Well anything new about because yet?loooooool
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 21, 2008, 02:06 PM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/skin-l...ts-251489.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

When using bio claire does your.. [ 6 Answers ]

When u use bio claire oil and cream mixed together does your skin peel?

Bio claire [ 6 Answers ]

I would like to know the side effects of bio claire crème and lotions? ?

Bio claire [ 9 Answers ]

Yeah Im using Bio Claire the body sking lightening lotion. I read earlier so are you saying the lotion does not work or that its better to mix that other stuff with the oil? What is it called? Or do you physically have to mix it. Ive been doing it for about 1 week now and I see a little bit of...

Bio claire [ 3 Answers ]

How long does it really take for bio claire to start showing some real results been using it seen the way it works on other people but... I'm anxious

View more questions Search