Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DeniseMac Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2008, 10:10 PM
    Early labor?
    I have been feeling quite different today and yesterday. Could this be early labor?

1. Dull lower back cramps
    2. menstrual-like cramps
    3. softer stool
    4. feeling weak and achy (almost flu like)
    5. decrease in fetal movement (he is sort of sluggish)

I went to the Labor and Delivery 2 nights ago and was hooked up to the monitor. The dr. said I was having contractions but they weren't regular at the time. Also, I was 70 percent effaced but still high and closed. This is my first child and I'm just wondering how quickly you can dilate and if my symptoms suggest early signs of labor? Also, I am 4 days from my due date.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2008, 12:02 AM
    Those are all symptoms that are indicative that the baby has moved into his delivery position. Pressure on your abdominal aorta from baby's position can cause you to feel odd. Cervical effacement and opening are "supposed" to happen at the same time, but they don't always.

With both of my children, my cervix effaced completely before labor began. Look at it this way, part of the work has already been done prior to true labor. It's difficult to wait. You feel so ready to get it done. I'd wait until contractions have begun to occur one minute apart.

Upon arrival at the hospital, labor frequently slows or stops temporarily. That is because your body does not feel safe to deliver there, among strangers. You will be fine. Your body will tell you what to do and when. The difficult part is relaxing during the hardest contractions. That's when things are really opening up and there's an enormous amount of pressure. Ignore the delivery date, your body and the baby will know when the time is right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pre labor/False labor [ 4 Answers ]

Ok odd question. How long can pre labor last? I have been having contractions since Sunday and they don't get any closer and/or change in intesity. I was just wondering since even with two previous births I have never before experienced this. I don't even know if it is pre labor or not. I just...

Describe two factors that affect labor supply and two factors that affect labor deman [ 7 Answers ]

Describe two factors that affect labor supply and two factors that affect labor demand. Using economic principles, describe how changes in the labor market have affected you or someone you know.

My cat is in labor, what should I do? [ 3 Answers ]

My cat is in labor & it had a small drop of mucus discharge from her vagina then all became dry is that normal or should I call my vet? If it's normal how can I help her to have an easy delivery :confused:

Very early labor? [ 7 Answers ]

Im curious to know if I could be in early labor. Here are some symptoms I have. Loss of mucous plug for the past week and a half without blood. Nausea Constipation/diarrhea Loss of appetite (actually, it makes me feel like Im going to vomit if I eat anything) Period like cramping in my...

In Labor [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter went to the hospital last night She is 36 weeks pregnant. They examined her, she was 4 cm and 70% efaced. They even felt the baby's head. After three hours they sent her home. Is this safe?:rolleyes:

View more questions Search