Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    biblesx5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2008, 12:56 PM
    Transvaginal ultraound today and no fetal pole
    I took a home pregnancy test one week ago and it was positive. I had an hcg blood draw on 1/7/00 and my results were 11699. The nurse called and told me that my level put me at 7 weeks. I had a transvaginal ultrasound today and there was a gestational sac measuring me at 5 weeks, but no fetal pole. I had another hcg draw, but won't know the results of that until Moday. THey are repeating the ultrasound on 1/18/00. I am worried because I don't know which way this pregancy is going. I have had two miscarriages before but the hormone signs are there. Has anyone else been through this?
    mustang0529 Posts: 252, Reputation: -1

Jan 15, 2008, 12:11 PM
    Listen don't stress out about it that's all I have to say I went threw the same thing I was 5 weeks also when I went for my transvaginal ultrasound and they told me there was no fetal pole... listen sometimes it is just way to early to c the fetal pole you mainly c it around 6 - 8 weeks so you shouldn't worri I went for the second u/s and I was 10 weeks and there deffinetly was a fetal pole.. and a heartbeat... now I am 2 days away from 15 weeks pregnant! Just hang in there and don't stress out about it.. its nothing its just that it is way to early to detect... wish you all the best on your next u/s keep me updated.. I really would like to no how things go... GOOD LUCK!!
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Jan 15, 2008, 12:26 PM
    At my first transvaginal u/s I was supposed to be 7 weeks, but from the yolk sac, and lack of heartbeat or pole, I was measured to be 5 weeks. Went in two weeks later and everything was right on track... just two weeks behind where I was thought to be. I now have a healthy 11 week old baby boy. Try not to stress. I know how difficult it can be until you can finally feel him/her moving and kicking all the time. Good luck, and I wish the best for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring single pole thermostat in double pole fixture [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to install a line voltage programmable thermostat into a manual thermostat fixture. The programmable thermostat is Honeywell RLV430. Instruction manual here: http://www.homedepot.ca/wcsstore/HomeDepotCanada/images/catalog/b7867367-6c05-4c82-a97c-648044b91564.pdf The...

Gestational sac with no fetal pole [ 2 Answers ]

My question is about a gestational and yolk sac with no fetal pole. I am about 4 weeks pregnant. My hcg level was at 7,000. Ive had 2 ultrasounds because they thought with the first one I had an ectopic pregnancy, she could only see the yolk sac. But that was ruled out. My question is, when should...

Double pole or single pole thermostat for baseboard heater [ 2 Answers ]

A more specific question here: My 240v baseboard heater says it can be wired with a single or double pole thermostat. Since 240v is already "dual pole" with two hots, do I want to stick with a double pole thermostat? Are there advantages/disadvantages to each? Thanks.

One pole of untied double-pole circuit breaker breaks [ 5 Answers ]

I recently purchased a new dryer (220 v appliance) to replace an older model. The old dryer was connected to the panel via a double-pole breaker except that there was no clip or tie between the poles. I changed the location of the outlet when installing the new dryer, replacing the cable with the...

View more questions Search