Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wspowerlifter Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2008, 03:29 PM
    Need washer drain pipe installed, now washer stand pipe is backing up.
    I've had to route my washer drain out of my septic system (drain fields are bad). In the house crawl space the washer pipe 2" pvc came through the floor one bend (elbow) and 3' of travel to the septic cast iron pipe down to the septic tank. I cut into the pvc just past the elbow (maybe 2' past) added an elbow and 22' of pvc to the other side of the house. At the brick wall the pipe steps down to 1 1/2 through the wall, elbow to 2' of pvc to the ground, elbow and than soft plastic pipe to the woods. My wife just called me and said when the washer sends the rinse water out it is backing up the stand pipe. Now I know the stand pipe has its own vent, when I cut the pvc in the crawl space I could hear the sink water drain when my wife used it and the toilet. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2008, 06:49 AM
    You choked it down when you went to inch and a half. It should be 3 inch for a longer distance shortly after the 2 inch trap. By the way, that water on the ground is a no no, it should go into a pit and be pumped into the yard as gray water
    wspowerlifter Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 07:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by doug238
    you choked it down when you went to inch and a half. it should be 3 inch for a longer distance shortly after the 2 inch trap. by the way, that water on the ground is a no no, it should go into a pit and be pumped into the yard as gray water
    When the line comes out the house should I bury it and at the end have a pit with wash gravel? Thanks for your help.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2008, 07:43 AM
    The gravel pit will not handle the amount that will flow into it. I am not sure about gray water distribution, check your area for proper gray water distribution. Here in atlanta, with our drought we are using it to irrigate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drain pipe for washer backing up once washer starts to empty what could be causing [ 4 Answers ]

What couild be causing the drain pipe fro washer to back up and spill all over floor behind washer

Drain pipe for washer? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a drain pipe that goes into the cement slab I'm on. I just notice that water is coming through the dirty around the pipe in the slab. This is only happening when the washer drains. Is this big problem?? What can be done to fix the problem?? Please help I need to clean clothes LOL??

Drain Pipe from washer [ 1 Answers ]

I have had problemes wirh my water pipes freezing up this winter. Well then the trap on the dranage pipe blew and now it acts as if it is either pluged or frozen,water won't drain through only come out the trap. Now ? Is is there a certin what the lidfor the trap gose on and if it isn't on right...

Washer stand pipe occasionally overflows [ 1 Answers ]

There doesn't seem to be any real rhyme or reason to this happening except that it seems to occur when we either run a very large load or if we happen to run a small load of laundry but still had the water level set for high or extra-high. However, it doesn't overflow every time this situation...

View more questions Search