Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    life1973happened Posts: 322, Reputation: 109
    -

Feb 27, 2008, 12:04 PM
    I am also reading Atlas Shrugged and so far, as you know Jess, its only okay. Jury is still out.

I just finished Book 3 of the Iliad and Homer is my nemesis. I have been sucked into this vortex, yet again.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2008, 12:08 PM
    Ooo... Nemesis... great Agatha Christie book... Nemesis (Agatha Christie novel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

:D

WARNING: That link is a plot spoiler... :)
    aokai Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Feb 28, 2008, 04:54 PM
    Have you read anything by Kate Atkinson? Her stories are really intresting and she lets you figure things out for yourself. Maybe start with Behind the scenes at the museum or Case histories.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2008, 01:43 AM
    Some of the books that I like to read are by the author Hermann Hesse. Generally now, I am into much lighter reading like you might find in some popular magazines. Would like to get into some literature that is more current and actually has some "meat" to it.
    -

Mar 1, 2008, 06:40 AM
    For those of you who continue to give me a hard time in regards to the Iliad and my dislike towards Homer and his style of writing, might be surprised by my comments today.
    I just finished Book VI and I'm starting to understand more what roles the Gods and Goddess are playing with the Greeks and Trojans and why.

However, that does not mean I like it. It's still confusing me when he introduces us to a million characters, with little to no back story. He seems to give you just enough to want to know more and what their place is in this mythical world, but sadly, he has yet to show me he has is going to do that.

So today I will hammer out the next Book and maybe, just maybe, it will last another day on my night stand and not in my garbage.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2008, 08:13 PM
    Ok
    So recently I just finished a short story called "Who moved my cheese" by Dr Spencer Johnson. Its basically a story about how to cope with change in your life , whether it be work , Love etc.
    Very interesting , have any of you read it?
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2008, 07:52 AM
    I've heard about Who Moved My Cheese, but not read it. I think my Dad had it at one time... along with Franklin Covey - 7 Habits...

Its good, huh? Worth picking up?
    darhe3425 Posts: 57, Reputation: 3

Mar 4, 2008, 09:01 AM
    Barefootin autobiography of Unita Blackwell, first female mayor In Mississippi excellent!
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2008, 03:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HistorianChick
    I've heard about Who Moved My Cheese, but not read it. I think my Dad had it at one time... along with Franklin Covey - 7 Habits...

Its good, huh? Worth picking up?
    I'll email you a copy J... I just happen to have a soft copy.
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2008, 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by friend4u178
    I'll email you a copy J.....................I just happen to have a soft copy.
    I'll be looking for it! Thanks, M! :)
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2008, 03:22 PM
    I'll be looking for it! Thanks, M! :)
    No problem... just sent it.
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2008, 03:23 PM
    No problem....................just sent it.
    You're a doll, thanks!
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2008, 03:31 PM
    The More Important Your
    Cheese Is To You The
    More You Want To Hold
    On To It.

That's some pretty heavy stuff... I like it so far...

Headed home. Will pick up where I left off tomorrow.

Thanks again, M. :)
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2008, 03:35 PM
    The More Important Your
    Cheese Is To You The
    More You Want To Hold
    On To It.

That's some pretty heavy stuff..... I like it so far...

Headed home. Will pick up where I left off tomorrow.

Thanks again, M. :)
    No problem J... by the time I'm back on here tomorrow you will probably have finished it , its only like 40 pages or something like that :-)

There are some great quotes in it too!
    buckbeater Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Mar 4, 2008, 04:01 PM
    Read Dava Sobel- Galileo's Daughter and Longitude

buckbeater
    _Me_ Posts: 107, Reputation: 2

Mar 4, 2008, 04:15 PM
    Well, can't really hep you out there, I hate reading, but I have a book that will be released in about 40 days. It's the first book I wrote
    -

Mar 4, 2008, 06:31 PM
    Ok
    So recently I just finished a short story called "Who moved my cheese" by Dr Spencer Johnson. Its basically a story about how to cope with change in your life , whether it be work , Love etc.
    Very interesting , have any of you read it?
    M, I am very familiar with this book and have read it a couple of times. Its ideas laid out in the book are basic common stuff. However, he does a good job of pulling basic ideas together in an easy to read, easy to apply kind of way. You know it wasn't ground breaking, ideas but its worth the hour out of your day to read, if just once.

Good suggestion, have you purchased The Notebook, yet?
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2008, 06:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by life1973happened
    M, I am very familiar with this book and have read it a couple of times. Its ideas laid out in the book are basic common stuff. However, he does a good job of pulling basic ideas together in an easy to read, easy to apply kind of way. You know it wasn't ground breaking, ideas but its worth the hour out of your day to read, if just once.

Good suggestion, have you purchased The Notebook, yet?
    Hi K... yeah I agree , I actually found it quite amusing the way he gets the point across. I gave it to one of my friends who was going through a bit of a bustup and he found the whole idea of it beneficial to his moving on. I think when people are on a bit of an emotional Roller coaster the book can help them because it explains an easy concept really well , and like you say it only takes about an hour to read.

Haven't got The Notebook yet but I will for sure.

Hope your feeling better today :-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need Help - Please Read. [ 7 Answers ]

All right, here's the situation - my ex-girlfriend calls me a few weeks ago, and tells me that she's pregnant. Of course, this is not a situation I'm immediately comfortable with, but it's not because I'm not one to run from a responsibility. See, I'm not going to be here, I'm actually going OUT...

Eviction: Lawful or Unlawful-Read and Give Opinion! [ 7 Answers ]

A friend of mines received an eviction notice because she refused to pay a pet deposit for a dog she doesn't own and was providing emergency care for. Her sister who owns the dog was in an automobile accident and hospitalized for a few days. She brought the dog to her home to care for it while her...

How to read her? [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, Well, this is my situation. I have known a girl very distantly for around two years, we were previously both in very long term relationships, but I always admired her from afar, and had a very platonic email correspondence with her. Anyway, recently I split from my girlfriend of 7...

View more questions Search