Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jan 4, 2006, 07:21 AM
    Milk does not do a body very good.
    Okay this is a question for me. I have a problem with milk. I can eat cheese and I can eat cereal with milk and I can drink chocolate milk. But when I drink plain white milk it seems like it just curdles up in my stomach and I vomit immediately after drinking just one sip of it. I did not have this problem as a child but milk and I were not very good friends when I was pregnant. Well my kids are 5 and 6 years old now and Im still having that problem. Im using soy milk to drink but its just the nastiest tasting stuff. What is causing this? Is it some sort of sycological thing or what? Do any of you other woman stilll have problems with things you couldn't eat or drink when you were pregnant? I wonder if its not just the fear that the milk is going to make me sick and if so then what can I do to get over that fear?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2006, 07:26 AM
    My wife has the same issue except for the vomiting part. Liquid milk just basically, ummm.. travels through her body quickly. It's a mild form of lactose intolerance it seems which BTW also went away after our secong child. Try Lactaid but go easy as it can cause constipation.
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2006, 02:27 PM
    Me too
    I also have this problem with milk, I've had it for a couple of years at least. I can eat milk with cereal as you say, and drink chocolate milk, and I can also eat cheese and yoghurt with no problem. But plain milk to drink makes me nauseated and quite often I will have diarrhea too. I get even sicker from soft ice cream, like the kind you get at Dairy Queen. I can't eat that stuff at all. But hard ice cream is fine.

Soy beverages are just plain nasty. :mad: Lactaid pills work well for me. There's also this milk you can buy in the store that is lactose free, but it's more expensive than regular milk. Usually I just avoid drinking plain milk and get my dairy in other ways.

I didn't realize this was a mild form of lactose intolerance... I always wondered why I could take some dairy products and not others. Thanks NeedKarma!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bananas and milk [ 32 Answers ]

I just had this weird memory of my bio mom feeding me a chopped up banana in a bowl, sprinkled with sugar and milk poured over it, like cold cereal except minus the cereal. I've never eaten this as a teen or an adult, and I forgot all about it until just now. Is this something that other people eat...

Milk Production [ 6 Answers ]

Just wondering if anyone has had this experience. My females teets are getting big. She had puppies 5 months ago, and they had almost gone back to normal up until she went into estrus. They usually get bigger after a heat cycle then go back down. She was in heat about 4 weeks ago they never really...

Which milk rottens faster soy milk or cow milk and why [ 1 Answers ]

Which milk rottens faster soy milk or cow milk and why?

Got Breast Milk? [ 2 Answers ]

This is a little embarrassing. My boobies are feeling heavy and swoll up. Im also leaking fluid from them. There is no way that I am pregnant because I have not been sexually active in 3 years. My children are both also 5 and 6 years old. Is this my body trying to tell me something? Maybe Im...

Cats and milk [ 2 Answers ]

In the 1950's I remember that we used to feed our pet cat milk or cream (if they were lucky) almost exclusively. That was thought to be what they ate, and we had several cats that lived for years on cow's milk. Now my cat won't touch milk and I read that cat's are generally lactose intolerant...

View more questions Search