Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kkehayias Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2008, 09:55 AM
    Do home Heating Fuel tanks have a 'reserve'
    Hi-I live in a three family house that has three fuel tanks in the basement. The homeowners have only had the house for a year and don't speak much English. The other tenant and I can't get a straight answer about which tank belongs to which apartment. The one I am told is the other tenants has been at zero for 2 weeks, and their heat is still working. So I really have two questions, do the oil tanks have a 'fuel reserve'-like a car, that even when you're on 'E', you still have a few gallons in the tank? And second-how can we definitively tell which tank is which?
    Thanks,
    Kristina
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 9, 2008, 03:16 PM
    To identify follow the 3/8 inch copper line from your burner back to your tank.

Usually when a tank is out of oil it is out of oil. Thete might be a few gallons left but due to the pitch of the tank the furnace cannot draw it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heating system for log home [ 5 Answers ]

We are in the process of building a log home. 1. Size of the home is 1796 sq ft. second floor is 534 sq ft. catheral ceiling, home will be on full basement. 2. planning to use propeane for heat. And will have central air. 3. What would to the best size propane heat unit and central air...

Home inspections and oil tanks [ 4 Answers ]

What is not a clue that the oil tank is buried outside? a)oil filter & shut off valve emerge from basement wall b)filler pipe and vent are not right next to wall outside c)you cannot find the oil tank inside d)the flue is high efficiency plastic

Home cooling and heating systems [ 1 Answers ]

Infinity against evolution with is a better cooling and heating system

Home gas heating cycling on and off [ 1 Answers ]

My qestion is about my home heating furnace. My home was built in 1991 The furnace is Gas and has the name Day & Night on the outside (not sure what brand that is) I woke this morning to a very cold house. I listened for the heater and found it was coming on for about 30 seconds and then off...

View more questions Search