Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amiller1198 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2008, 12:22 PM
    Brown to purple? Blonde hair dye?
    I have naturally dark blonde hair. My roots were grown in about 2 inches and I wanted to back to a natural look, the bottom of my hair had brown hair dye on it with a few blonde highlights. It had been 3 months since I colored my hair. I bought some color at walmart and it was a blonde color. When I used it my roots took the right color but everything that was brown turned purple! Ewwwww so I went to sallys beauty and they sold me color stripper and a new light brown professional hair color to use. So I stripped the color successfully and then waited a day and did the new brown color. Welll... it turned purple again!! I restripped that color out of my hair and now I'm left with a grosss red orange brown color, I tried to through some high lights into the mix to try and live with it but I hate it! I do not want red hair. Please help me I'm at a loss of what to do, I'm afraid if I go to cost cutters there going to dye it brown and its going to turn purple again and I'm not sure how good that is for my hair. :( I feel sooo ugly does any one have any advice? I'm willing to go to a salon but I'm not sure if they would be able to help me...
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 7, 2008, 05:21 PM
    The hair colors that you've used may have contained a violet or red base, resulting in a purple cast. You have to choose a neutral base hair color to prevent red/purple tones in your hair. Your hair has been through a lot of chemical processes, and if you keep coloring your hair and using hair color removers, it will make matters worse. If you want to go back to dark blonde, you need to pre-lighten the hair and then deposit the desired color. I recommend letting a professional fix your hair. He or she will be able to achieve the results you want.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I dye my hair brown? From purple [ 13 Answers ]

I dyed my hair dark purple and now its faded to reddy-purple and was wondering how to take it all out to go back to brown? I tried to dye my hair to red but it just remained the same purple. Ant ideas? I would like to do it at home . :confused:

I have blonde AND black hair. And I want to go brown. How do I do it? [ 2 Answers ]

Back in January of this year I started dying my hair blonde on top and black underneath. At that time, it was different, and no one had it. Now it seems everywhere I go I see it now, and I just want to go to more my natural color, which is dirty blonde/brown. But I'm afraid if I do the color...

Can I re dye my hair from dark brown to a lighter brown or darker blonde? [ 3 Answers ]

Here is my dilemma, please help!! I wanted to do a hair color change, so I had my hair 2 toned. I told her I wanted to be dark on the bottom and blond on top so she did half the bottom dark brown and mixed sandy blond with another color for the top and it came out very brassy/red did not look...

3 days after hair color change blonde turned purple [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend had her (originally) brown hair changed to blonde by a stylist. She does this on a regular basis so she was just trying to have the roots and overall color updated. 3 days later after a shower and blowdry purple streaks appeared. Any thoughts?

View more questions Search