Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dcutaia Posts: 22, Reputation: 0

Jan 7, 2008, 12:13 PM
    Steps to a divorce
    I am in a month long evaluation to determine if I want to go through a divorce. My evaluation is to determine if I am really happy in my relationship. I have a great job but my home life is something less desirable.

I have been very sad and tired lately. I believe I might be suffering from some type of depression.

Here is my plan if I do for a divorce. I want to purpose both parties staying in the home until the house gets sold then we can actual separate. Each person sharing expenses equally.

Joint custody of my daughter.

Split the assets equally.

What do you think of my plan. I know we need a couple of lawyers to work out the paperwork and settlements but I would like this divorce to be ameriable and cost efficient.

DAC
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2008, 01:12 PM
    If you are satisfied that there is no hope for reconciliation, then you are on the right path.
    hajt70 Posts: 55, Reputation: 3

Jan 7, 2008, 01:31 PM
    If you do not mind I would like to know the reasons you want a divorce. How old is your daughter? Does your spouse want a divorce too? Have you tried marriage counseling?

I think your plan is fair and smart. Please plan on seeing your doctor ASAP about the your depression and take good care of yourself.
    dcutaia Posts: 22, Reputation: 0

Jan 7, 2008, 01:36 PM
    I believe both of us deep down want the divorce. Neither one of us can come to that conclusion. Lets why I am in my evaluation. I want to know if I am truly happy or just miserably happy. There is a difference. For the advice on seeing a doctor, I will get better or at least happy when there is some kind of conclusion to this.

DAC
    hajt70 Posts: 55, Reputation: 3

Jan 7, 2008, 02:56 PM
    [QUOTE=dcutaia]I believe both of us deep down want the divorce. Neither one of us can come to that conclusion.
    Same here. I believe our marriage can be saved if my wife agree to go to marriage counseling. Too bad she refused
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 7, 2008, 04:41 PM
    Sorry no, it does not sound like you really want a divorce, it does should more like you mentioned a depression. Which you can not find yourself, but needs a medical professional.

And you may find if the other party really does not want one, this happy thing will be them fighting you for the kids and trying to keep them.
    Plus they may not want to sell the hosue but merely want you out.

So divorce is not normally a nice happy thing, but a dirty fight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Steps to take. [ 9 Answers ]

Sorry not yelling at anyone Ok i have a real big problem... i have a really bad temper... when i don't get my way i get really mad... i then think of things to hurt that persons feelings when i don't get my way or i break things (last time i broke my cell phone wasn't good)... mainly my...

Next steps? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I will try to be as succinct as possible with respect to the facts of my case. As the result of a lawsuit that was filed against me in New York, I sent the debt collection a demand for a Bill of Particulars. The debt collector that is suing me inherited the debt via assignment from...

What steps do I need [ 5 Answers ]

I am 8 months pregnant. The father does not want anything to do with the baby. He has denied the child in the past, but is now willing to give up parental rights. He resides in New York and I in West Virginia. Does he need to sign the birth certificate? What other steps are involved with him...

Steps to adopt [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am getting married in May. I have a daughter that I adopted from the foster care system as a single parent. My husband to be wants to adopt her. Does anyone know what are the steps to take? We would very much like it if he could adopt her the same day of the wedding if possible. We...

View more questions Search