Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    delight5450 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2008, 10:29 AM
    Painful sex after 50
    It has been 9 years since I have had sex, it very painful to have anything inside me.
    What can I do to change this??
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 7, 2008, 10:53 AM
    See your doctor!

Sex should not be painful if you are aroused and willing. There is something wrong, and a doctor's visit could help you.
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Jan 7, 2008, 11:42 AM
    Are you having just like, preliminary pain when you first put something in? Or is it painful the whole time?
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Jan 7, 2008, 12:59 PM
    I agree that you should see your doctor. You want to make sure there is nothing serious going on. Are you taking any medications? If so, make sure to tell the doctor too. Hopefully, you are just fine. The doctor can also give you info about different options to treat this. Good luck!
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2008, 01:05 PM
    Hm, Is it that your vagina feels too tight? Does deep thrusting cause pain? No lubrication? There is a big difference between discomfort and pain. Is there any bleeding? Any fibroids?

I think you have to go to your gyne right away.
    delight5450 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2008, 01:53 PM
    I have been to the doctor, she says to relax and use plenty of lubrication. It hunts upon penetration. And the Dr. said since it's been so long I need to stretch my vagina. Any ideas on how to accomplish that?
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Jan 7, 2008, 02:08 PM
    You can do special exercises to help with that. Also, many adult shops sell pelvic exercisers which is a lot like a dildo, only designed differently. Also, when you are having sex, relax and enjoy it. Your vaginal muscles won't contract if you are tense. So, look online for pelvic stretching exercises and maybe visit an adult shop to buy pelvic exercisers and relax!
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2008, 02:35 PM
    Hm, I am of the opinion that good sex doesn't come naturally, not for the virgin on her honeymoon(and well after), nor for those who haven't had sex for many years.

Do you have a positive attitude to having sex with this man? Can you talk to the man about what you need in order to loosen up, or are you shy? Are you tense because you are worried about what he thinks of your body? Can you think of any other anxiety producing thoughts going through your head?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2008, 11:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by delight5450
    It has been 9 years since I have had sex, it very painful to have anything inside me.
    What can I do to change this????
    If your doctor says everything is fine, then the word is Lubrication. After menopause you are drier... KY Jelly ( or similar product) can be your friend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painful cramps [ 4 Answers ]

I have been getting large clots, when I get my period and the cramps feel more like contractions, rather than cramps and until I pass these large clots the pain does not go away. In facts I have to stop what I'm doing cause I can't moved and all I want to do is cry.:(

Painful Obsession [ 4 Answers ]

About four years ago I started having feelings for members of, well, the same sex. I had no intention of ever telling anyone of my thoughts until it developed into a big problem. In the beginning, it wasn't so bad, I was able to function normally and I didn't consider it to be that much...

More painful? [ 2 Answers ]

So, is it more painful to get tatooed on the underside of your wrist or your neck than other parts of your body? Cause those are the places I want to be tatooed, but everyone tells me the pain hurt twice as much. I'm not afraid of the pain though, I was just curious!

Painful ending, why? [ 57 Answers ]

Entire story merged I'm 24 years old never married and had only a few relationships. I moved to Las Vegas almost 2 years ago on a pipe dream to be a professional poker player leaving behind my house, job and moved to a place where I didn't know anybody and had no family (I question this decision...

Painful Hunger [ 6 Answers ]

Why does our tummies hurt when we're really hungry?

View more questions Search