Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    morgie4279 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2008, 12:42 PM
    Lateral Pass hitting the ground
    In the Rosebowl, USC threw a lateral pass. The pass hit the ground (which I assumed was incomplete) a receiver picked it up, and ran down the field for a first down. It was reviewed and the official said it was a lateral pass. I am not questioning lateral, I understand it was pass backwards, but if it was a pass, and it hit the ground, wouldn't it be incomplete just as any other pass? Also, if not incomplete, could the defensive team have picked up the ball an ran with it. Even if it was ruled a fumble, that would have made more sense, but it was not--a lateral pass.
    dogpoundbrenda Posts: 78, Reputation: 12

Jan 6, 2008, 01:12 PM
    I agree if it was thrown and hit the ground that should have been incomplete and a dead ball.Sound like some bad officiating... I am sure in the NFL it would have been a dead ball.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2008, 01:17 PM
    I agree. I didn't see the game but if it was a lateral pass, then when it hits the ground the pass is incomplete and the play (and ball) are dead.
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2008, 02:08 PM
    Read the rules, I think about fr88, that will explain how that happened.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

?Hitting lefty and hitting against lefties. [ 4 Answers ]

I have trouble htting against lefties. I am a left handed batter and I am fine against righties, but against lefties I struggle. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you.?

My ex boyfriend best friend is hitting on me [ 8 Answers ]

Plsss help meeee! I broke of with my ex like almost 2 weeks, and its been really 2 hard weeks, and then yesterday I when hotubing with friends at my exs best friends house and I didn't think he would be there, cause he was supposed to leave sumwhere, but when I came it was so akward cause he was...

No septic tank.only lateral lines? [ 3 Answers ]

I am in the process of purchasing a foreclosure that has been empty for approx 6 months or so. Of course, the mortgage company has taken the AS IS, WHERE IS stance and anything I want to know about, I have to find out for myself. My real estate agent-prince that he is-went "a-digging" and found...

Open ground when neutral not touching ground [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I was moving around a room and noticed my wife wanted her desk elsewhere. I decided to, since she would have her computer on it, check the outlet she would be moving to. It seemed old so I changed it. I noticed before I changed it that with my GFCI tester, all sockets on this circuit were...

Help! Sub won't stop hitting... [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to install my sub and it won't stop vibrating. I had it hooked up while testing it, and everything was fine. Now if I turn on the headunit, the sub just rapid fires as hard as it can (it's shaking my whole house, and my mom's trying to sleep... ) I tried tracing the wiring, but alas,...

View more questions Search