Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lhhai Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2006, 09:20 AM
    Are women in charge of youth problem
    "The position of women in society has changed markedly in the last twenty years. Many of the problems young people now experience, such as juvenule delinquency, arise from the fact that many married women now work and are not at home to care for their children." :throwball:

What do you think about the above ideas ?
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jan 2, 2006, 09:26 AM
    This is not really true. Many married women may wrk these days but they still find ways to spend time with their children. Most of them can find jobs with a shedule that allows for more family time. If not then they need to have a new job. But no I wouldn't agree.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2006, 09:31 AM
    Family
    Hi, lhhai,
    The fact that many married women now work really doesn't have that much to do with it. Families with both parents working, who take time with their children, attend a church of their choice, and include the whole family in their lives, have loving homes and great children.
    The problem is divorce. Over half of all marriages today end in divorce.
    Children raised in homes with just one parent have more problems, usually, but not all the time, than children raised in two-parent families.
    If the woman working is head of the household, with no Dad around, she can work, and take care of children at the same time. Their family need not suffer; she can make time for her family also. The same goes for a one-parent family with Dad as the Head of Household, without Mom there.
    The problems come in when a parent doesn't really spend time with their child, whether it comes from a one parent or both parents' family. Best wishes.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 2, 2006, 09:44 AM
    Whose fault?
    I do not see juvenile delinquincy as just a working woman problem because you forget that these kids also have a father so where is he and isn't he just as responsible as a working mom?Whether single or divorced or still married kids usually have two parents and they share an equal responsibility to parent and raise their children.Your argument suggests that men have no fault if there are problems with their kids,so sorry I do not agree with you at all!:cool:
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2006, 08:58 PM
    I don't think the problem is so much with married women working and not being hoime to care for their kids ; rather it's that there are far too many single-parent homes and children being raised by people not their parents. In order for a child to be raised properly with as much love and emotional support as possible, the child needs both a mother and a father. One without the other isn't good enough. That means both parents should live at home full-time with the kids. Obviously, one or both of the parents have to spend time working outside of the home in order to provide economic suppoort for the family. Work, however, must always be a means to an end, not the end in itself, whether one or both parents do it. Each parent must realize his/her responsibility in assuming his/her role as caretaker, nuturer and role model, each doing so in the unique manner in which a mother/father can do. Children need the support and influence of both parents, both genders, in order to grow up as well-adjusted and emotionally healthy as possible. Equally important is the manner in which the mother and father relate to each other. It is imperative that the mother and father love, honor and cherish one another like they promised to do when they got married (and yes, the parents should be married, not just shacking up.) This is important because it is future training for the children. A father teaches his male children how to be a husband and a father and his female children what to expect from a husband/father. Similarly, a mother teaches her female children how to be a wife and a mother and her male children what to expect from a wife/mother, all by modeling and example. If such instruction is lacking or inadequate, the result is dysfunctional homes and families that perpetuate themselves from one generation to the next. The children ultimately suffer in that they become maladjusted people, unable to adequately cope with life's demands, both as children and later as adults.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Under Or Over Charge! [ 1 Answers ]

How Do I Know If The System Under Or Over Charge Without Using The Gauge.

Charge for an audit [ 2 Answers ]

I have a client who wants me to bascially complete an unofficial audit of her company's books for years 1997-current. She requested an estimate of the cost. Since it is going to be quite tedious and involved I really am having a hard time calculating the fee - whether to charge per hour or one...

View more questions Search