Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anuradhamani Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2008, 12:31 AM
    Shower water mixer malfunctioning!
    Dear Sir,
    Im getting the hot and cold water in the shower but not in the bathtub down. Seems like the mixer is malfunctioning as it is not rotating to a limit, I mean it looks like it's gone free.
    I hope I am explaining the problem properly.
    The mixer is supplying both hot and cold water in shower but in bathtub. The Middle mixer is rotating free on both left and right directions.
    Plese guide how to fix it.
    Thankx.
    Ann.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 6, 2008, 07:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by anuradhamani
    Dear Sir,
    Im getting the hot and cold water in the shower but not in the bathtub down. Seems like the mixer is malfunctioning as it is not rotating to a limit, I mean it looks like it's gone free.
    I hope I am explaining the problem properly.
    The mixer is supplying both hot and cold water in shower but in bathtub. The Middle mixer is rotating free on both left and right directions.
    Plese guide how to fix it.
    Thankx.
    Ann.
    Leave the hot and cold off and unscrew up the diverter nut,( see image) and back the diverter stem assembly out counterclockwise. Check the washers and trun the water to flush out the diverter seat. Yhou should have a full stream coming out of the open valve body. If you have the reassemble and test. If it still won't divert water to the spout click on back. Good luck. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sayco shower mixer [ 1 Answers ]

How do I remove the center stem of asyco shower mixer

No hot water from mixer shower valve [ 1 Answers ]

I have had anew shower valve fitted but there seems to be no hot water coming to it even though both hot andcoldpipesare plumbed in. It is an "AROCO SHOWERING by Daryl" shower valve which isless than 12months old. Do I need to replace the whole valve or is it an internal probem? Thanks in...

Mixer shower [ 11 Answers ]

Just replaced the head on a fixed head shower,put the new head on and turned the shower on,nothing coming out of shower,floor covered in water,where have I gone wrong?:confused:

Installing A Mixer Shower [ 1 Answers ]

Iam Installing A Mixer Shower - Which Is Not Thermostatically Controlled - I Have Installed The Cold Supply To The Rising Main But The Pressure Is Too Great And The Connection Is Leaking A Bit - Can I Reduce The Pressure By Means Of A Valve. Also I Have Just Been Told That It Is Illegal To...

View more questions Search