Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CMc12 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2008, 11:37 AM
    NO hot water in shower or pressure
    We have a winter house in Florida and the quest shower worked fine last year. I tried to run the shower and the cold water works but when you switch it to hot the water trickles and doesn't get hot. The water heats up in the sink. What could it be?:mad:
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 6, 2008, 07:17 PM
    It is likely that some water heater crud has plugged your mixing valve. If you have a brand or model or at least a descriptiion we should be able to help you out. Back to you.

Jan 7, 2008, 09:13 AM
    Thanks for responding. Keep in mind I have no idea what a mixing value is and my husband is not handy. The name on the tank is EverKleen and the model number is B068764 hope this helps.

Jan 7, 2008, 09:18 AM
    The mixing valve is the mechanism behind the handle you use to turn on the shower water. It isn't too complicated but if neither of you are handy it may be time for a call to a handyman or plumber. It's up to you if you want instructions of how to open and clean the valve. If you do want to move forward a picture or brand/model number of the valve would be helpful. Also, is it one handle or two?

Jan 7, 2008, 09:50 AM
    If the value is the handle on the wall then it is a Delta faucet with the one are that turns left for hot and the shower turns on when you pull the value on the water sprout. I am moderatly handy.

Jan 7, 2008, 11:23 AM
    OK this sounds like a tub/shower combination. Shut off your water main and open that valve to let the pressure blow off. Remove the handle, sometimes a screw on the underside of the handle but many Deltas have a plastic logo cap as part of the handle, pry it off with a sharp edge. Remove the brass screw under the cap and pull the handle toward you. Remove the escutcheon plate by taking out the two screws, now you can see the actually mixing valve body. Cartridges are held in place by either clips, plates with 3 screws or a large hex ring around the valve body. Whatever you have remove it and pull out the cartridge. Hold a towel over that opening and have someone open and quickly close your main to clean out the water and crud in the valve. Inspect and flush the cartridge looking for specks of junk, frequently white. Reinstall the cartridge, plate and handle and turn your main back on. 9 out of 10 times you are ready to shower. If not just post back on this same post. There is always someone here who can help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low hot water pressure in the shower [ 8 Answers ]

My pipes froze and now I have good hot water pressure in the bath and kitchen sink, but not the shower. There isn't a screen of any sort on the faucet in the shower. Do I need to change the pipes from behind the wall and under the house? Thank you, skeeter9er

Low water pressure in shower [ 1 Answers ]

Good Afternoon My hot water in the shower and tubs is very low. What can I do?

No Hot Water or Pressure in shower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a stand-up shower in my basement that was put in about 3-4 years ago. I went to use it for the first time yesterday and the water only trickles out when turned to hot (works fine on cold). It is a single knob Moen system with no faucet, only a shower head. All other outlets in the house...

Shower water pressure [ 3 Answers ]

Master bath, separate shower has little to no hot water pressure. We have drained hot water heater for any clogged sediment and still nothing. House is 3 years old, what could be the problem? All other faucets in home are working fine. Very Curious

View more questions Search