Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spazzygirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2008, 05:40 AM
    At the end of my wits
    I am in a situation where I had adopted a child and now she has become uncontrollable.:confused: She has been with us for 9 yrs. And she has done every drug she can get her hands on and all the alcohol she can find as well. Do to our efforts to keep it all away. When she gets in trouble by one of her parents she cuts herself and claims she will kill herself. This has happened 3 times this year. She has been in 3 different mental health facilities and still there is no end to her uncontrollable behavior. HELP:(
    Caralyn Posts: 61, Reputation: 13

Jan 5, 2008, 06:03 AM
    What age is she? She may not be completely at fault, who we are is already in our genes. She may not be able to help what she is becoming. Do you know anything of her history, parents etc. Just thought that if you knew her background you may be able to counteract some of the destructive behaviour. Depending on her age I personally would step back, keep an eye on things, make sure that I am not the cause of her problems, and just be there for her. Hopefully with a bit of understanding she will grow out of it.

A bit more information would be helpful.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 5, 2008, 07:57 AM
    Well you have a child ( I wonder if she was a student and a artist if the word adopted would stll be used)

Once you adopt a child, the child is part of your family and yours, just as if the chlld had been born to you. There is no return policy or no promise the child will work out great, In some families, children do great, in others, they turn out to be drug adidicts, happens in good or bad families.

So you do your best, and keep doing it, till the child is raised and is sent out on their own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wits End [ 10 Answers ]

Dear AMHD: I hope you can help me here. The other day I set off for work leaving my husband in the house watching the TV as usual. I hadn't gone more than a mile down the road when my engine conked out and the car shuddered to a halt. I walked back home to get my husband's help. When I got home...

At Wits End [ 18 Answers ]

We have an eight year old son, whom we adopted at age 15 months. He had health problems due to his inutero exposure, which I do not care to elaborate on. He never bonded with his caretakers up to those 15 months. He can be very pleasant, and 'people pleasing', however, he does not want to be told...

My wits end [ 1 Answers ]

Look I have all blood work done, nothing found, gallbladder was fine too.. I don't have my appendix... no ovaries... but sever right pain under breast and travels to middle of rib cage on my side... the doctors think I am crazy... have had this 3 months and it is making me suicidal oops misspelled...

At my wits end [ 5 Answers ]

I have been at my current job for 1 year and 5 months. I have not received a raise ever and the work load is getting bigger and bigger! I guess I consider myself somewhat of a coward because I haven't asked for a raise yet but why should I they should just give me one because it would only be fair...

I'm at my wits end here :( [ 5 Answers ]

I need Help. I could cry over this matter. I feel I have no way out currently. Here's my story. When I lived in UK for 6 years I had such a challenging well paid job. I was a mortgage consultant and I gained lots experience and also a boost to my personality. Anyway to cut a long story...

View more questions Search