Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coolcourtney8 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jan 4, 2008, 01:30 PM
    I thought everything was OK.until I heard her crying.
    I'm only 12 and a couple of months ago now... my mum and dad were argueing all the time. My mum had a affair. The whole family was tearing apart. About 2 months past and everything was fab! They were getting along just fine until the other night I was lyeing down in my bed when I heard her crying and saying " im not with him anymore why wont you just beleave me"

The next morning they were all fine again. But that night I was sitting on the sofa and I kept calling my mummmy into the room to watch TV with me. I got fed up of waiting so I went into the kitchen to see what was taking her so long . She was crying her eyes out and my dad was sitting there looking tired .

I took one step in and walkedstraigt out again. I hate seeing her crying . Then about half an hour later... I was watching TV and she came into the room. I said "why were you crying" and she just replied with a simple answer " were having problems".. are they getting a divorce ? Please I'm confused... help mee :(
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2008, 02:14 PM
    Often when somebody has an affair it is really hard for the other one to forgive them and even harder for them to believe they quit. Every time they fight it will be used to throw back in their face that they did that.
    It is sad they aren't trying to work it out cause I know it has to be hard on you. Your dad most likely has a lot of mistrust and unforgiveness that he isn't willing to try and work out.
    Remember don't choose sides and if one of them starts to bad mouth the other tell them that you don't want to be put in the middle.
    If your dad says anything to you about it maybe you could ask him to try and work it out with your mom because you love them both.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 4, 2008, 03:00 PM
    Yes, when trust is lost, and one party has been with womeone else, it is often impossible for them to work things out. Also some times if they separate for a bit, they maylearn to work things out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do I keep crying? [ 16 Answers ]

I'm only 16yrs old and I think I have some kind of emotional or mental health problem. Over the past year I have started to become very emotional and it has now got to the point where I will sit and cry but I don't know why I'm doing it. I used to be very bubbly and confident but now I can't look...

Looks like I am crying! [ 5 Answers ]

I at least sometime in every season... though gladly not all the time... have tearing in both of my eyes. If I do not constantly wipe them away, I have tears streaming down my face. It also happens when I yawn. Any advice, or anyone with the same problem?

I'm crying [ 13 Answers ]

I'm 15, and heartbroken Yes I have a boyfriend, I want to break up with him but,His sister will have people jump me. He has a puppy that my mother is attached to. And if I break up with him my mom will never see the puppy again, and the puppy will continue to be abbused by my boyfriend, so we...

I keep crying [ 10 Answers ]

I keep on crying and I don't know why. I've struggling at home and school. This could be why but I keep crying over stupid things like burning my toast or not having any credit on my mobile. I feel so stupid. No-one else knows how I feel and I don't know what to do. Does anyone know why I'm feeling...

Just a thought [ 2 Answers ]

Think About It - The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire. - It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to steal the neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it. - Never test the depth of the water with both feet. - It may be that...

View more questions Search